Linguaholic

Is there a language that you are just dying to learn but haven't yet?

Lacey

I speak from experience when I say that I wish I could have studied German and I still may.  It is a fascinating language to me.  I know and can speak a little of the Latin languages like Spanish, Italian etc because they are so similar, but the languages like German for example have no rhyme or reason to me when I hear them.  I would love to learn that language.  Is there a language that you would want to learn but haven't either for the sake of time or there is just no access to it?

• 4 weeks later...

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

Yes. I have been wanting to learn Japanese for a long long time. I guess one of the reasons I've put it off for so long is that I don't really have a practical use for it at this time. I mean, I still have Visayan to learn and I have to make that a priority since it is a language that I will be using. As for Japanese, I'm just really fascinated with the language.

I've always loved French in high school and I'd love to know it better so that I could communicate well in it. I tried learning on my own but I haven't gotten far so picking up where I left off and getting to that point would be great :cool:.

Hebrew.  I already know the basics and how to read it, but I just don't have the chance to study it.  Unfortunately I'm stuck learning Dutch, because I might be moving there next year or so.  I also have to work a looot everyday!  So no space for learning Hebrew, I already have no time to do other things!

But if I had the chance I'd definitely learn colloquial Hebrew, since I feel a deep connection with that language... otherwise I'd not learn it.  I used to be the kind of person who liked to learn languages as a hobby, but as I grew up became more practical.  I mean, I'm not going to learn a language I might never use!  Like for example Norwegian... even tho I love that language!

I would like to learn the French language, but as many others, I am so busy that I do not have time right now to sit down and learn.  When you are an adult, it is so much harder to learn and retain a new language.  I thought of getting a Rosetta Stone program, but not sure how well it will work for the price you pay for it.

I would love to learn to be fluent in Russian, My great grandparents were White Russians,and my grand mother,managed to recall some child hood songs, but not much of the language. Therefore I would love to be able to speak Russian, and perhaps go to Russia, to attempt to trace my family tree.

Hebrew would be AWESOME to learn.  I am not sure if you guys would count this as a language but I am in the middle of studying Sign Language.  I actually had a conversation with a deaf person the other day, it was pretty cool!

i'm dying to learn italian. i just love the language. i felt the same way about spanish but i'm getting fluent. it will be easier for me to learn italian though because its close to spanish.