Linguaholic

Abandoned Language

Pink Glitter

Is there a language that you started studying and then gave up on? Why did you make this choice? Was the langouste too hard  or did you just loose interest. What language did you decide not to continue learning?

When I was in college I decided that I was going to try to learn French. It really only lasted one semester for me. The reason that I choose to not continue with it was because it was difficult for me to remember the rules of French when I had spent so many years of my life learning the rules and mechanics of Spanish.

I had an attempt at learning Italian. I really love the Italian people and their culture. I still want to learn decent Italian, but not alone at home or in a class. No, I would like to go and spend a year in Italy and absorb everything. :-)

Sure. When I was in Middle School, I really wanted to start learning Spanish on my own. I downloaded books, I bought some CD's, I even asked help from my Half-Spanish friend. He was really eager to help me out. In the beginning I put a lot of effort in it.

Soon, I gave up on it because I didn't have enough time. I didn't find the language hard. The circumstances were not right though.

At one point, I wanted to learn Korean.

Unfortunately, I gave up because the orthography did not correspond very well with the phonology (g's being pronounced like k's, random ngs appearing, etc)