Linguaholic

Do we have those who want to learn basic Swahili?

Jatelo2

I must admit that I'm glad to join this forum. It looks like I'm going to learn more than six international languages without the need to sit in class for months and spend a fortune.

In the same spirit I'm willing to teach anyone basic Swahili to use during your safari in Kenya or any other Swahili speaking country. I'll also be interested in learning your native/national language.

Just so that we are clear, Swahili is my national language and not the native one.

comment if you are interested.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I'm certainly not going to be able to take any safari trips or anything like that. However, the few swahili words I do know always seem to just roll off the tongue. If there's a way, I'd like to maybe learn a word or a phrase every few days or once a week. That is of course if you're still interested in this after so long.

• 2 weeks later...

Learning Swahili isn't exactly on the top of my list, but I would love to know a few basic phrases. I don't even know what it sounds like. Where can I hear spoken Swahili? How many people speak this language, and what parts of Africa?

• 2 weeks later...

I checked your thread because I wanted to know what was on offer with the Swahili language. I come from a country where Swahili is our national language. It is a beautiful language to know and I am happy that you are willing to teach it. it’s an interesting language isn’t it?

• 3 months later...

That sounds like a great idea, how will you go about teaching it?

I suggest we do skype i.e. if you are interested and comfortable. What language are you teaching me in return? :)