Linguaholic

We created StudyPact! We want to pay you to keep up your studying.

PaulK.

Hello Linguaholic!!

We are the StudyPact team. We are three foreigners living and working in Japan who built a service to help ourselves stay motivated while studying Japanese. We just released a new beta version on Android this week.

Simply put, StudyPact will pay you for studying! If you don't study though, you'll have to pay the other users who fulfilled their pacts.

We track your studying in Android Apps like Duolingo and Anki to make sure that everyone really is studying! StudyPact supports a wide variety of apps so you can study how you want. If you can't find the app you are using, please let us know and we will look into adding support right away.

Check out our service at www.studypact.com

We are still in Beta development so any feedback or questions are really appreciated! We really want to cater this service to your needs to help you stay motivated with as little distraction as possible.

Like it was said before, this sounds like an interesting concept, but it raises some questions too, mainly pertaining to the payment, the way study time is counted, and the like.

For example, if I just leave one of the supported apps open, will that time count? It just sounds a little too easy to exploit for me, I guess.

That being said, I think the added stakes might work as good motivation for some people, and the idea of a cash reward for studying even more so. Might give it a try myself.

Like it was said before, this sounds like an interesting concept, but it raises some questions too, mainly pertaining to the payment, the way study time is counted, and the like.

For example, if I just leave one of the supported apps open, will that time count? It just sounds a little too easy to exploit for me, I guess.

That being said, I think the added stakes might work as good motivation for some people, and the idea of a cash reward for studying even more so. Might give it a try myself.

I agree with this, I think the payment processing and other things should be elaborated more clearly, I'll try to visit the site to gain some info. I guess the website has more information you should check it out.