Linguaholic

Taking 2 Beginning Courses=Fluency?

AN89JX

Hey AN89JX, you asked a good question but I guess it depends what your idea of fluency is and how much you put into the course. If you define fluency as being able to get around a Spanish speaking country, than yes I think two beginner classes  would be enough. But if you want to read literature, watch things without subtitles and understand everything being said to you, I would say no. It also depends how long the courses are and how intense they are. Every language course is different so you never know. While taking the class if you want to be fluent, I'd study very hard and immerse yourself in Spanish culture as much as you can :)

I doubt it.  As a native Spanish speaker I can tell you that you will need more than that in order to be fluent in Spanish. I'd recommend you to take a complete conversational course, after that you might have gained some fluency and be able to communicate in Spanish.  You just need to put more time and effort into this if you want t gain fluency.

Not a Spanish speaker, but I can tell you that taking 2 class is not enough to be fluent in any language. You'll have the basic foundation, but it's definitely not enough to go out and converse with other native speakers/live in the country.

2 classess is a good start, but it's definately not going to make you fluent unless you spend a lot of your free time studying, outside of the regular class-schedule.

I studied german for 3 years, and while I could have a lot of basic conversations, and I knew quite a lot of grammar and vocabulary, I wasn't really "fluent".