Linguaholic

Wordplay - Riddles That Make You Think

I put this quote in a different thread and only received one answer, so I'm starting a new topic hoping some of you brilliant wordsmiths be able to answer this and will challenge us with more riddles like this:

A man is holding and looking at one of two things in his hand and says:

"Brothers and sisters, I have none, but that man's father is my father's son."

So what is he holding, a mirror or a photo? Who is in the image at which he is looking?

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

I think it's a mirror as well. I think the statement, "that man's father is my father's son" means that the person is himself. It's possible for him to be looking at a photo too I think. Very tricky.

No friends, it is not a mirror... try reading the second part first then think back to the first part.

I can't think of anything else than mirror, but as you have stated, that's not right. So, what could it be?

• 1 month later...

I don't know about this one. It is a great riddle considering it is not a mirror. The only other option I could come up with would be his step-brother or god brother. It is a form of sibling but not exactly complete DNA relations. It might also be his father's son but not his mother.

Interesting riddle and interest wordplay.

I remember myself at school engaged in tongue-twisters but never in riddles.

And even today I'm still having trouble with She sells sea shells by the sea shore, the shells she sells are surely seashells, so if she sells shells on the seashore, I'm sure she sells seashore shells.

But this is subject for another topic ;)

He's holding a picture of his son. I had to read it a couple times to understand it, too. It was very tricky.

Here's an old one but a good one. A prisoner is told 'If you tell a lie we will hang you; if you tell the truth we will shoot you.' What can he say to save himself?

He's holding a picture of his son. I had to read it a couple times to understand it, too. It was very tricky.

Here's an old one but a good one. A prisoner is told 'If you tell a lie we will hang you; if you tell the truth we will shoot you.' What can he say to save himself?

He could tell them what his favorite food is. They wouldn't know if he was telling the truth or not, so they would have to let him go.