Linguaholic

Expanding the Vocabulary? [MULTILINGUAL]

deyvion

Does someone know of a good app to study vocabulary. I have previously downloaded vocabulary apps for Turkish and Spanish, and as a beginner of those languages they have worked great. However, I would really like to find an app that has a more difficult level. An app to expand the already existing vocabulary.

Does someone know an app to recommend?

• 1 month later...

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

A dictionary app?

I know, it's not what you're asking for. I don't know of any apps such as you describe but I've found that at more advanced levels the best way to improve vocabulary is to read a lot and then look up every single word I'm not certain of the meaning of. The conscious act of looking up a definition really helps to make it stick in my mind. Also, I don't know about you but I tend to skip over words I'm not certain of rather than loom them up unless I tell myself to do it and make the effort.

Using a dictionary app as opposed to the traditional book does really speed the process along.

I just posted on another thread about the use of online dictionaries, many of which will pronounce the word.  There are the official ones and even some that deal with slang or "urban" phrases.  I can't agree with the above poster more.  By looking up words you can also get similar words, or see usage in a sentence.  Good luck.

• 1 month later...

I haven't used any application that can increase vocabularies, however, I do see that's one of the options for those who like to learn vocabularies by downloading third-party applications. I personally don't use vocabulary learning application because I think it is easy to get sidetracked and disturbance. The good way to learn vocabularies is by reading books and articles, which what I have done when I started learning a new language.