Linguaholic

There is an App for That

Pink Glitter

I have noticed several Korean languages learning Apps available. Has anyone tried any of these app's. Did you find them helpful? There are some free app and also some that available for a small price. Would you pay for  a app to learn Korean , how often would you use it?

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

I haven't actually tried an app that specifically teaches Korean. However, I have tried memrise and I must say that it's pretty easy to use. Aside from Korean, it also offers several other languages. Give it a try! ;)

Just head on to memrise.com. Available on Android and iOS. :)

• 2 months later...

I have a couple of them on my phone.  Unfortunately the names of the apps are not unique, so I can give you further manufacturing info or links if you are interested in any of them. 

I use Hangeul, a boxing game style reading game, to practice my sight-reading.  You can also use it for some vocab, but I find their selection of words and definitions to be odd. 

I use the Flashcards app for learning vocab words.  It has a lot of different categories like Numbers, Colors,  and Shopping.  Nothing too complicated, but I'm not very advanced yet.

I only use apps to supplement other learning methods, so none of these will do more than re-enforce other lessons and facilitate memorization.

• 2 months later...

I'm using a free app on my phone right now to go ahead and learn the basic alphabet and sounds of Hangul. I can't remember the name of it, but it's possible to get it through Android and there's an icon of what looks like a red goblin with a long nose on it. It's really been helping since some of the vowel-sound words seem really similar to me. Like 'ah' in 'tah' and the 'a' in 'ba'.