Linguaholic

What is your language learning regimen?

Mine is:

1. 20 minutes reading allowed, easy reading stuff like children's books.

2. 20 minutes talking to myself, asking questions of myself.

3. 20 minutes reading silently with comprehension and paying attention to the words, listing them down.

4. 90 minutes studying and studying the grammar and everything else about the language.

5. 30 minutes doing exercise and listening to audio

6. The rest of the free time of the day, memorizing vocabularies.

I don't find studying language to be easy, nevertheless I am enjoying it.

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

That's a lot of time you're spending on learning languages! I wish I had the dedication to spend that much time... I'm not lacking motivation, but rather concentration. I keep telling myself that after I've finished Japanse The Manga Way, I'll start studying much more every day... But well, I don't know if that's really going to happen.

As I am mostly focusing all my study time onto japanese the manga way, and nothing else, it's not really much to be said about my regimen, as I don't even have one.

I try to read one lesson a day (which is between 2-6 pages or something per lesson. The pages are pretty huge though, I think they're A4 sized with somewhat small text), and I certainly don't rush it. I make sure that i understand everything. I may not remember everything, but if I understand it: I will have an easier time learning it again the next time I encounter it.

I know, I should probably just drop this book and go straight to Tae Kim's guide if I'm not even trying to remember everything very well... But I feel like, I've started this book, gotten further than half way through it: so I'm going to finish it.

I mostly just spend any dead time I can find on reading the book. On weekends where I have all the free time in the world, I try to sit down for half an hour or an hour, or whatever time it takes, to read that lesson. I also make sure I go thorugh the kana atleast once a week, ot make sure that I do not forget them. I use anki for that, of course, and it doesn't take much more time than maybe... 10-20min at max.

I spend most of the time practicing with other people who are natives of the language. Then I allot like 30 minutes to study on YouTube or other recorded materials. These are the things that work for me.

I don't really have a regimen, as I mostly just study in the way I feel in any particular point in time, but I do allot a few hours each day as much as possible to read or watch videos and practice my pronunciations, but unfortunately, I don't always have spare free time.

I don't have one but after reading this thread, I should create one. This inspires me to learn more languages. I so want to be fluent in so many languages.

Right now none, but once I get more serious studying dutch I will try to do it on a daily basis for at least 30 minutes. If I don't manage to get myself to do it daily (it's too tough to even do it for 30 minutes 3 days a week!), I'd really like to at least study it 5 times a week, just to feel good about myself and at least grasp the basics.  Lately I wonder if I'm doing the right thing and if the effort is worth it...

I spend most of the time practicing with other people who are natives of the language. Then I allot like 30 minutes to study on YouTube or other recorded materials. These are the things that work for me.

I might start doing something like that. Actually the old method I learn English with might not work  as good as it did with dutch. I think this time I'll need to practice as much as possible with dutch native speakers. I first need to learn basics... that will get me going ;)

I will just focus on my 30 minutes long Pimsleur lessons and then go practice it with my SO or someone else.

Actually I am not on a regimen now. I do what I can when I can and I like watching movies in the language that I am learning. When my daughter is at home she tries to get me on one but I am never able to stay on track because of my schedule.

I don't really have a regimen, as I mostly just study in the way I feel in any particular point in time, but I do allot a few hours each day as much as possible to read or watch videos and practice my pronunciations, but unfortunately, I don't always have spare free time.

This is more or less what I'm going to post.  :grin:

I don't have a study schedule and just study whenever I feel like it during my spare time (which I usually don't have :tongue:).  But I always have my study book with me that I sometimes read whenever waiting for someone or while stuck in traffic.  :smile:

• 3 weeks later...