Linguaholic

Hello, Hola

Cielosur

Hi everyone,

My name is Nidia and I am from Texas.  I speak English and Spanish fluently.  As a matter of fact, I consider both of them my native tongues since I grew up speaking both.  When I was in high school, I took French for four years and in college I took two more years of French.  But, as they say, use it or lose it and unfortunately, I had no one to practice with so I forgot most of what I learned.  I am trying to re-learn French.  I am glad that I found this forum and I look forward to learning and sharing. 

Hey Cielosur

Welcome to the Linguhaolic Language learning family!

We got them all here: French, Spanish, English. So please don't worry.  :grin: I am sure you can find some useful information here! And of course, if you could spread some knowledge about English/Spanish that would be awesome too!

Warm regards from Switzerland

Lingua

Hello!

Welcome to the forums! It's great that you know two languages fluently. If you ever see my posts, make sure to stop in and reply and say hi!

I am actually learning how to speak Spanish right now!

If you have a few tips on how to make learning Spanish somewhat easier, please share your thoughts with me and send me a message in my inbox!

:smile:

Hola, bonjour, ke kalimera to everyone! How nice to have this opportunity to strike up a 'conversation' with other like-minded people, all the way from ...Australasia! All those years ago when I learnt to speak a little Spanish, French, and lots of Greek, I neither considered nor fully appreciated how lucky I would one day feel to be part of an international community that values language as much as I do. I learnt most of what I know through school, at a time when learning a new language was not only encouraged but imperative, since I attended an international school in Europe. The opportunity resulted in helping me to discover that I was a natural, so I thrived and did quite well. It would be wonderful to now use this platform to unearth some language treasures. I generally believe that all knowledge accumulated through the heart never really gets lost; it merely gets covered by temporary layers of dust that solidify as time passes. I'm sure the dust will begin to disperse once I start to use the occasional word! I am here if anyone else is interested in squeezing in some practice.  :smile: