Linguaholic

Help with A Song

Okay, so I've been listening to some music in Spanish, and I came across this really catchy song by Dyland y Lenny called "Balada (Tche Tcherere)". Now I can't seem to find out what any of these words mean.

So my question is, can anyone tell me what the word "Balada" means & also the words "Tche Tcherere"?

Hey! It's actually a catchy song - kind of like it. To answer your question, the words are referenced in Portuguese and not Spanish. Balad in this context means "party". "Che" is a slang saying for friend,well, at least by my definition. Maybe this wikipedia article can offer you more clarification: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Che_(Spanish)

• 4 weeks later...

''Balada'' simply means ''song'', most of the time we use that word for slower songs, like for example love ones.  Some people like to say ''balada'' instead of ''canción'' because they think it sounds more classy.  As for the latter, not sure that means anything to be honest, most likely it's a game with words some artists like to use to make their songs stand out.

• 1 year later...
On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2014‎ ‎10‎:‎43‎:‎02‎, Trellum said:

''Balada'' simply means ''song'', most of the time we use that word for slower songs, like for example love ones.  Some people like to say ''balada'' instead of ''canción'' because they think it sounds more classy.  As for the latter, not sure that means anything to be honest, most likely it's a game with words some artists like to use to make their songs stand out.

So, is balada Spanish for ballad or do you just use it for slower songs because of the way it sounds?  Are balada and cancion synonyms? Sorry I didn't put the accent over the o.  I can't figure out how to do that.

On 12/6/2015, 10:09:28, czarina84 said:

So, is balada Spanish for ballad or do you just use it for slower songs because of the way it sounds?  Are balada and cancion synonyms? Sorry I didn't put the accent over the o.  I can't figure out how to do that.

They're basically the same, ballads are simple light songs... mostly about love, same as the Spanish balada ;)  But of  course I am no music teacher, so I'm not aware of all the behind each music style, but for our purpose, yes, you can use them interchangeably.  And no,  balada and canción are not synonyms.  Canción means ''song'' and can be applied to any music genre, like for example, we can be talking about una canción de amor, una canción de rock, etc. 

9 minutes ago, Trellum said:

They're basically the same, ballads are simple light songs... mostly about love, same as the Spanish balada ;)  But of  course I am no music teacher, so I'm not aware of all the behind each music style, but for our purpose, yes, you can use them interchangeably.  And no,  balada and canción are not synonyms.  Canción means ''song'' and can be applied to any music genre, like for example, we can be talking about una canción de amor, una canción de rock, etc. 

I know what a ballad is.  (That wasn't meant to be snippy; I was just letting you know that I know what a ballad is.)  I just asking about the meaning of the word "balada".  Thank you for answering that question.  I was just confused by the wording.  I'm dyslexic and sometimes words don't register in my head properly.

3 hours ago, czarina84 said:

I know what a ballad is.  (That wasn't meant to be snippy; I was just letting you know that I know what a ballad is.)  I just asking about the meaning of the word "balada".  Thank you for answering that question.  I was just confused by the wording.  I'm dyslexic and sometimes words don't register in my head properly.

Oh my bad, I sometimes tend to complicate things a bit and don't realize it, until I get feedback from others (I've a neurological issue).  Sorry, I was trying to say they are both the same when it comes to music styles :o   And don't worry, I totally get you, my sister in law has the same problem!