Linguaholic

Share Some of your Favorite Latin Artist & Music

I've mentioned on here before that I like listening to Latin music to help me learn new Spanish words. Does anyone else do this?

Who are some of the artists that you enjoy listening too?

What's your favorite song at the moment?

My favorite song right now is by Enrique Iglesias. He recently released a bachata with Romeo Santos called Loco. It's so beautiful! Another one that sounds really good in a club dance way is Bailando. I heard it the other day, and just had to dance to it. I really like Enrique. He's had many good songs over the years.

Other Latin artists I love to listen to:

Romeo Santos

Pitbull

Prince Royce

Marc Anthony

Gilberto Santa Rosa

Don Omar

I do not generally listen to Spanish artists, but here are some included in my music library:

Shakira - Most of her music is now in English, but she has a good mix of Spanish lyrics and hotness! :grin:

Los Fabulosos Cadillacs - They can be a bit fun to listen to.  My favorite song is "matador" - never gets boring.

Ricardo Arjona - I think he is somewhat good.

Vicente Fernandez - The idol, the legend and the guy with a serious mustache.

• 1 month later...

I like Julieta Venegas and Ely Guerra.  Not a big fan of music in Spanish tho, I just don't like it as much as music in English for some reason.  I very much prefer English speaking artists over Spanish speaking ones, most of the Spanish speaking ones are so cocky, obviously they can't handle binge famous that well.

Plus, the songs aren't of my taste most of the time, they lack emotion most of the time, excepting for ''La oreja de van gogh'', most of their songs were amazing and full of emotion.

• 2 weeks later...

I am going to go back in time to the 80s and recommend some of the bands that spearheaded the Rock En Tu Idioma movement.  This was a campaign from one of the record labels to promote rock music in Spanish.  The bands were primarily from Spain, Argentina, and Mexico

Soda Stereo

Enanitos Verdes

Miguel Mateos

Charly Garcia

Miguel Rios

La Union

La Trinca

Hombres G

Nacha Pop

Duncan Dhu

Los Caifanes

Maldita Vecindad

I would also add Cafe Tacuba, La Ley and Mecano although these are more from the 90s. 

• 3 weeks later...

I do not need to practice spanish since it is my mother tongue,but to respondto your question, I have lots of latin artists that I like to hear. For instance, I love Diego Torres, because the lyrics of his songs are so profound and meaningful. They enrich you and you have fun listening to him. I also like Andrea Bocelli, even though he is italian, but he also sings in spanish and his voice is just amazing.

I guess I don't listen to that much latin music. I used to listen to a lot of Ricky Martin, but I haven't listened to him in a long time. I'm definitely going to have to check out the music you guys have recommended.

Here is a good spanish language song by Ricky Martin, by the way.

Lo Mejor De Mi Vida Eres Tú

• 1 month later...

My favorite latin artist of all time is by far Ricardo Arjona. I'm a big fan of any song with intricate and masterful use of lyrics, and he does just that in most of his songs. If you like using music to learn words you should definitely give his songs a listen. If you like it and listen to his discography you will expand your vocabulary a lot. One very good song by him is "El Problema."

• 2 months later...

I personally need to listen to more Latin music because there are so many wonderful artists. But one of my favorite artists is Juanes. Not only is he devilishly handsome, he also has a nice voice. My favorite song by him is "La Camisa Negra", which all my friends hated. But I also like "A Dios Le Pido." I love how his songs, and Latin music in general, make you want to move your hips. It's like you can feel the music as you listen to it.

Without a doubt, Soda Stereo.  They aren't just my favorite Latin group, they might be in my top ten of all time.  They're a solid 3 piece rock band with some very catchy tunes and a great front man.  Sadly Gustavo Cerati passed away a couple of months ago, but if you're interested, I'd check out their album Cancion Animal or their Ultimo Concierto live discs.  I also like early Shakira (I think the album is called Pies Descalzo) and Los Fabulosos Cadillacs. 

• 11 months later...

I really like Selena.  I have also gotten into Kumbia Kings.  I like listening to Jon Secada and Frankie J in Spanish, as well.  I also like a lot of Reggaeton, like Daddy Yankee.  I like Los Lobos, as well.  I really like a lot of Spanish language music.

I like some of those too! Could you share you favourite songs? Maybe just give me a couple of titles, I always enjoy listening to nice songs that are special for other people. Often, that's the best way to find something for my "all time favourites" playlist.

I like some of those too! Could you share you favourite songs? Maybe just give me a couple of titles, I always enjoy listening to nice songs that are special for other people. Often, that's the best way to find something for my "all time favourites" playlist.

Sure.  For Selena:  Como La Flor, Techno Cumbia, Si Una Vez, El Chico Del Apartamento 512, Baila Esta Cumbia, No Quiero Saber, and Donde Quiera Que Estes.  For the Kumbia Kings: La Cucaracha, Mi Gente (which they did with Ozomatli, who I also love), Shhh!, Boom, Boom (Boom, Boom is the title, just so you don't think I wrote Boom twice), Azucar, and, my personal favorite, Reggae Kumbia.   Daddy Yankee's biggest hit was "Gasolina".  You may have already heard that one.  Oh, my goodness, I can't believe I forgot the Orishas and Control Machete.  They may be harder to find.  I used to own the Orishas "O lo Cubano" album.   As for Control Machete, I have only heard "Si, Senor", but I loved it.