Linguaholic

I'm Yours

diprod

What are the many ways to say "I am yours" in different languages? I'll start with Filipino and that is- Ako ay sa iyo. I find it really romantic. If you know a different language, share your meaning to this.

Gyush, I hate that phrase. Sounds so cheesy and unreal. Even in anime/entertainment does it sound weird.

"Jag är din" - Swedish

"Ich bin dein" - German (not sure of this... I'm just guessing. Haha)

I haven't seen anyone post in Spanish. This is how you say "I am yours" in spanish.

Soy tuyo.

It sounds very romantic doesn't it? Probably one of the best languages to say "I am yours".

To say I'm yours in Jamaican Creole would be "mi a fi yu." Not difficult at all.

I like this one, it's so simple and easy.

To say "I'm Yours" in Malay is "Aku Milik Kau".

But in my mother tongue language (Dusun), it sounds a bit awkward and long to me. It goes: "Ika Sanganu Dogo"

In my language it would be something like ''Soy Tuya'',  for females and for males is ''Soy tuyo''.  I find it very romantic as well, this thread has inspired me to do something nice for my SO... I will get at it right after I'm done writing this message!  It's been a difficult week!    Thanks for the reminder... I need to work harder on learning dutch!  Love is better expressed with actions and not with words  :shy:

I like this one, it's so simple and easy.

To say "I'm Yours" in Malay is "Aku Milik Kau".

But in my mother tongue language (Dusun), it sounds a bit awkward and long to me. It goes: "Ika Sanganu Dogo"

It does sound a little long and awkward in Dusun but I didn't have much problem saying it in Malay. What people speak Dusun and does Kau pronounce kaw, or otherwise?

In my language it would be something like ''Soy Tuya'',  for females and for males is ''Soy tuyo''.  I find it very romantic as well, this thread has inspired me to do something nice for my SO... I will get at it right after I'm done writing this message!  It's been a difficult week!    Thanks for the reminder... I need to work harder on learning dutch!  Love is better expressed with actions and not with words  :shy:

I noticed you didn't mention I'm yours in Dutch. Have you learnt it yet and do you mind sharing?

I haven't seen anyone post in Spanish. This is how you say "I am yours" in spanish.

Soy tuyo.

It sounds very romantic doesn't it? Probably one of the best languages to say "I am yours".

I actually laughed when I read this. It reminded me of "soy sauce" and a local food over here called, "tuyo" which is dried fish that is sold very cheaply, so mostly you can see this as a staple food for the poor people, not that I'm belittling them. So for me, it doesn't sound romantic at all, lol! Funny is more like it.

I am from the same country as the thread starter, so I already know how to say "I'm yours" in Tagalog.

It does sound a little long and awkward in Dusun but I didn't have much problem saying it in Malay. What people speak Dusun and does Kau pronounce kaw, or otherwise?

Dusun is the language of Dusun-Kadazan tribe from South East Borneo. This tribe is the biggest population in Sabah, Malaysia.

You are right about the way to pronounce "kau".

• 3 weeks later...

Portuguese would be similar to Spanish, only with less letters and Ys.

Masculine: Sou teu.

Feminine: Sou tua.

And yes, it sound as corny and outdated in Portuguese as it would in any other language.  :tongue:

For Croatian:

'Tvoja sam/Tvoj sam' (f/m)

and Italian 'Sono tuo'

A lovely phrase, I sued to have a paper with 'I love you' in about 50 languages for a school project.

I am yours, yours alone... ich gehoere dir, dir allein. :-) Not that I have used that phrase often in my life. Maybe once or twice.

Portuguese male: "Eu sou seu" for a more informal approaching or "Eu sou teu" for a more formal mode. The "eu" (me) isn't necessary at all times.

Portuguese female: "Eu sou sua" and "Eu sou tua", same rules as above.

@ whnuien, thanks for the information. I didn't know the names of the languages or tribes in Malaysia. So, how many languages and tribes are there in Malaysia?

I'm going to say how it's said in all the languages I speak. In English it's "i'm yours", in Spanish it's "soy tuyo", in Swahili it's "Mimi ni wako" and finally in Kikuyu it's "Ndí waku".