Linguaholic

Learn Chinese in 5 Minutes :=)

This is weird because many older generation native Chinese-speakers in Malaysia often speak English with Chinese intonation and pronunciations.

They will try to say things like "I've got eight grandchildren" and it comes out as; "Ai got ek gen chiu ren". I'm serious!  :wink: :wacky:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It is very impossible to learn Chinese in 5 minutes. I think the attachment contains what I called Pinyin, which is similar to the pronunciation alphabets of English. These Pinyins will only help you to pronounce the words, but you have to write them in either a Traditional or Simplified form. The Pinyin is the pronunciation form of Mandarin. Thank you for sharing!

• 2 weeks later...

This is useful but why is it funny? Lol. I read it over and it's very easy to understand. Unless it's not serious or real Chinese, I will keep this as a reference and learn from it. It won't help me make conversation but it will make other Chinese people think that I speak and understand it!

• 4 weeks later...