Linguaholic

The world's most difficult language // Your opinion

linguaholic

I was between Chinese and Arabic, but Arabic is just insane. I hate cursive style because it is difficult for me to understand it, and Arabic is basically like writing in cursive.

Asian languages are drawings and weird symbols, totally different from Romantic languages...either way, they are both extremely difficult and would never choose to learn any of them both hahaha  :sad:

The most difficult language for me is Russian. I had read some of its basic words and for me it is very complicated as well as its pronunciations. I bet myself I cannot learn it easily if I will study the language.

I've always heard that Icelandic is the hardest language to learn in the world. Looking at some scripts and sentences it's hard to disagree. I couldn't say for certain which one I believe to be the hardest as I have never tried learning languages like Arabic, Russian, Icelandic, or Japanese.

I have never tried to learn any of these so this is just my personal opinion. But I think Chinese, Japanese and Arabic and probably the most difficult to learn. Although, I think every new language is tricky to learn at first.

Although when you have to start writing and speaking in symbols. That's when it gets confusing haha :')

• 4 weeks later...

My Korean students told me they find it more difficult to learn Chinese than studying English because of the characters and different expressions used for adults and then another set for younger ones. I guess the difficulty lies in how one perceives about the language he is learning, too. :)

The most difficult language to me is Chinese. Japanese Hindi and Arabic come after, they are not easy either but not as difficult as Chinese. As for the European ones they look to me rather easy to learn due to the common Latin roots.

• 1 month later...