Linguaholic

the most widely spoken languages?

babyleans

Hi guys, so.. what are the most widely spoken languages in the world? I reckon English is one of them but it certainly isn't the most popular because mandarin has more speakers. Apart from English and Mandarin, what other languages are widely spoken?

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

I live America and although English is the primary language of the country, I have notice the Spanish language becoming more prominent. There are many places I visit where I see the English and Spanish translations. When I call for customer service to most stores, I am greeted with the option of picking English or Spanish. So, I think Spanish is a widely use language around the world as well as French. The French language is spoke in many countries around the world.

It has to be chinese, english and spaish. No doubt about it.  I' dare to say the language coming next in the list would probably french.  I speak 2 out of the 3 most spoken languages :)

According to one source, Mandarin is #1, Spanish is #2, and English is #3. I'm surprised no one has mentioned Hindi, which is #4. Arabic is #5. I was surprised to see Portuguese as #6, probably because of Brazil.