Linguaholic

Russian

Vincenzio

Hello!

Currently i'm learning Spanish. I've used Pimsleur, duolingo, babbel and online communication with Spanish people.

Now, i would like too learn Russian. But how? I could try Pimsleur, it probably will work, but how do i learn the cyrillic alphabet?

Hello!

Currently i'm learning Spanish. I've used Pimsleur, duolingo, babbel and online communication with Spanish people.

Now, i would like too learn Russian. But how? I could try Pimsleur, it probably will work, but how do i learn the cyrillic alphabet?

Pimsleur is a great system, but it won't teach you to read. There is plenty of instructional information online to help with the Cyrillic alphabet. Also, you can probably find some books with CDs so you can hear proper pronunciation. The book "Russian Course" by Nicholas Brown is a great book for Russian. There isn't any audio material, but it has a pretty comprehensive discussion of the Russian alphabet. You can find "Russian word a day" websites and apps where you can both see and hear the word. This is helpful in learning the alphabet as well.

Успехов!

• 4 weeks later...

I learned Russian in school and took private lessons, so I don't really know any websites that could help you out, but you can surely message me if you want to know some basics in Russian. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there!  I like Pimsleur too!  Amazing method if you want to get to speak a language asap, if only they could include a transcription of all the conversations, as well as a list with the vocabulary they used in every lesson.  Sadly that will never happen. 

That being said... I recommend you to really look for a course like ''Russian for dummies''.  I like it, I took a look the other day and it looks like a good course... has audio too.