Linguaholic

Babbel App

raytalks

Has anyone used the Babbel App for learning a language. I am trying to learn Indonesian and I have seen that they have an app for exactly that in the android market. Have you used Babbel and would you recommend it?

I tried the one for learning dutch, but I didn't use it so much, because you had to pay in order to have access to most of the lessons.  Right now I can't afford to pay for an app I'm not so sure of, but it looks like a good app.  I'm guessing the one to learn Indonesian is as good.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been using Duolingo on the PC and on my smartphone. I use it to learn German, and admit that I'm not sure if Indonesian is an option. However, if you live nearby a college, it may be worth it to contact their English as Second Language department (ESL). Typically, they have lists and resources for their students that would include a huge variety of languages. I'm sure they could direct you to something helpful (perhaps even a support/study group for a particular language, in which case you could trade your assistance in English with theirs in Indonesian!) Good luck!