Linguaholic

Have you heard of Grammar Girl?

ThisMoi

For all of the lovely folks here who are trying to improve their English grammar, I thought I'd introduce you to Grammar Girl (if you don't know about her already!). Even native speakers run into difficulties with grammar, and Grammar Girl has some really excellent tricks to help you remember some of the stranger rules.

http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/education/grammar

Here's a few quick and dirty tips of hers I've found incredibly useful:

http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/education/grammar/ie-versus-eg

http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/education/grammar/how-to-use-the-conjunction-nor

http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/education/grammar/using-stick-figures-to-understand-first-second-and-third-person

She also has a free podcast. I used to always listen to it in my car!

Anyway, I hope this helped someone. She helped me fix my who and whom problem :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey! Thanks for sharing this! I have already heard of Grammar Girl, and it is my go-to website when I am having grammar difficulties. I haven't checked the site for a while now, so thank you for reminding me!

Yeah, Grammar Girl is great. I do a lot of writing, and even though English is my native language, the grammar can be very challenging. I've used Grammar Girl a lot because she's good at explaining complicated subjects, and making them easier to digest.

• 2 weeks later...

I've heard of Grammar Girl and have visited her site several times, but I have never went out of my way to explore it further.  I usually get to her site when I'm trying to find some explanation for a grammar question and google would give me a link.  So far, most articles that I have read from this site has been very helpful.

Now, that you have brought my attention to this site, I might visit it again.  Maybe this time I'll explore more and even subscribed to it.  As a perennial student of English, I think it is always nice to read well-written explanations of confusing grammar rules.

Thank you for sharing.

Yeah I found here once on iTunes. I never really subscribed to her podcast but I did listen to some of the episodes and it was pretty informative. If you're into writing I would highly recommend checking her out, it would really help you a lot.

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome!  I really need to improve my grammar and writing, because i really want to apply to get a translation job, but I need to have a perfect grammar.  I'll definitely check this girl site out! I think I have heard about her before, but I didn't know she had podcasts!  I'll definitely check those out, for me it's way easier to learn something while listening, because I can do that when I have nothing else to do, like for example when waiting at the doc's office.

It's a very informative site.  Actually, I'll be taking a government service licensure examination this coming week, and language proficiency is part of the test.  Also, I'll be bookmarking the site for future reference.  Thanks a lot for sharing this site.

Thank you I will test it when I have a block in memory.  It is good to know that there is a place with quick access to check for grammar mistakes as it delays everything when having to revert to a book or a dictionary for the correct use of grammar.

• 1 month later...

Awesome, everyday this forum becomes more interesting for me. Thanks a lot for this as I oftentimes have issues with my grammar even though I am a native. The more practice though, the better it will be for me as I do love my language. Some rules are rather weird and complicated but by getting more used to them I will feel more comfortable when applying them.

• 11 months later...

Grammar Girl is so fun and funny. It's my go-to website as well. :) I've been a proud subscriber for a long time. More than knowing the material backwards and forwards, it's helpful to know how to connect with your learners - how to make sure they're enjoying the process. I think people who are happy and laughing are more receptive to new ideas.

• 1 month later...