Linguaholic

What are the best online tools ? Need tips :)

surikate

Hi All,

I just moved to Barcelona and I would like to learn Spanish even if I know that Catalan is the spoken language here. I am looking for tools or Social Networks where I can either use a solution or meet people to teach me Spanish. For now I have found those 3 online communities :

- Nekoplaza

- Babbel

- LiveMocha

Do you guys know any other tools/communities ?

I appreciate your help here. Thanks !

Hello!

What do you mean use a solution? I'm not sure I understand.

Anyway, if you are up for language exchange (you help a person practice a language, and they reciprocate) you can try http://www.mylanguageexchange.com/, there are plenty Spanish speakers there who can help you.

Lingualia also gives you the chance to practice with native speakers, although I have never used it.

The best way would be to actually make some Spanish friends though, learning will happen more naturally and you won't even notice how much you're improving!

• 2 weeks later...

So you want tutors or just a community? There is this website I know of it's called Duolingo it's basically a language teaching app you can try your had on it, its pretty sweet. As for the community well I'm not sure I can help you with that.

I usually go to Youtube for tips because they often have many tutorials made by many different people. This way I get to learn a lot not only through reading but also I have a good idea of the pronunciations as well. Also, since there usually are multiple people uploading their own tutorials, I get to compare them all and see what small differences there may be among individuals so I have a much broader perspective on the current standard.

You can try the polyglot web site, I think there are plenty of Spanish speakers looking for a language exchange. So you could easily meet someone there, a lot people is interested in learning or improving their English. I have made a couple of good friends over there.

Kind of been wondering the same thing myself, in regards where to go online to get tips on learning a new language. I think there are some pretty useful youtube video clips that can be of a big help. Otherwise, I'm not so sure. Haven't really found anywhere that did a really good job of having a step by step process of learning a new language.

To me, wordreference.com is an invaluable source for learning how to use words adequately in context. The forums there are particularly useful, since most people replying to questions on a specific language are native speakers of that language. Whenever I have a doubt on how to use a phrase I go there and ask.