isteis

ieron

-ir

í

iste

imos

isteis

ieron

You just take off the -ar,-er, or -ir and replace it with these depending on whether it's first, second, or third person. The order for above goes :

I

You (singular)

He/She/It

We

You (plural)

They

There's also the ones for imperfect, irregular imperfect and the one where you add a variation of "haber" before the verb, but those are the basics.

I actually had notes on this back in secondary school since I always forgot them as well. Seems like they were a good idea after all.

I actually had notes on this back in secondary school since I always forgot them as well. Seems like they were a good idea after all.

Me too. I'm getting back into Spanish now, but I wish I had at least practiced it since high school. Hopefully it will be easy to re-learn. I remember having some trouble with "haber", though.

Me too. I'm getting back into Spanish now, but I wish I had at least practiced it since high school. Hopefully it will be easy to re-learn. I remember having some trouble with "haber", though.

Ah yes, "haber" always gave me problems back then. I remember trying my best to avoid having to use that one :P

• 2 months later...
Scribendi: World-Class Editing and Proofreading
  • 1 month later...

Hang on a second though. The only form of "haber" in the preterite tense is the third person singular "hubo" (although many native-speakers also use the third person plural "hubieron"). No one ever says "hube", "hubiste", etc.

Remember "hubo" means "there was" or "there were". For example: "Hubo una tormenta." -- "There was a storm."

• 2 months later...