Linguaholic

Marianna Wartoft's Software

Trellum

Hi guys!  I came across Marianne's software when I was just starting feeling interested in languages.  I was 16 or 17 years old, I thought her software looked a bit old fashioned, but seemed to be really helpful! I tried many of her softwares, but I must admit they look a bit old-fashioned and a bit childish, but they are so useful if you are a student of German, English, Spanish, french or Swedish!

Have you guys ever tried her software?  All of her software is freeware!  Its worth looking into if you are learning any of the languages mentioned above.

Thanks! I have not tried it yet, but will try downloading it immediately. I am also looking for some freeware for my nieces who will be spending a few months in Thailand this winter. I have bought them a book online that helps with the alphabet and they have also bought a few things on their own. It sounds like this software wouldn't help with Thai but if you have anything that would, I would love to have it.

That's so exciting, congrats on the trip!  I'm sure they will have a lot fun over there, sadly I don't know of any Thai freeware Thai software.  I'm not even sure I've hear of a Thai software for kids (Thai isn't a very popular language to learn). But if I find something I'll let you know!

No, I was never aware of Marianna Wartoft's sotware so I am thankful for this information. I'm sure the old fashioned way of learning wouldn't be a bother for me and I certainly don't mind learning in a childish way. After all, children usually grasp more quickly than adults because their brains are usually empty of everything and ready to receive.

I had never heard of this software, honestly, I'm gonna have to check it out. Doesn't sound particularly interesting from what's been said on the thread, but I figure I might as well see what it's like by myself.

Yeah, please do.  Her software isn't so bad, most of her software comes in the shape of a game, so you play while you learn.  The design might be a bit outdated but that means nothing when it comes to how  effective it is.  Trust me.  Plus it's free, lol, what else could someone ask?  She decided to make it freeware, but back in the 90's it wasn't freeware, so that says something ;)

No, I was never aware of Marianna Wartoft's sotware so I am thankful for this information. I'm sure the old fashioned way of learning wouldn't be a bother for me and I certainly don't mind learning in a childish way. After all, children usually grasp more quickly than adults because their brains are usually empty of everything and ready to receive.

Isn't the teaching method that is old-fashioned, it's the graphic of her software, which is understandable, because it was created back in the 90's.  So no wonder it looks so old-fashioned ;)  If I was learning Swedish I'd surely use her software, after all the graphics aren't everything, also when it comes to video games :)