Linguaholic

What is your favorite accent?

Saholy

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

My favorite accent would be the Russian Accent. It sounds tough and cool. Seriously, I've been practicing my Russian accent for years and I still haven't perfected it yet :cry:

British accent is my next favorite accent. Though it's easier than Russian, it's still hard.

I love to hear someone speak with a strong British accent. I remember watching, Sherlock, the TV series and apart from the plot I liked the way the characters spoke with a British accent.

I'd have to say I find the British accent pretty interesting, it's totally different then ours here in North America. What intrigues me more then their accent is the fact there is a whole other side of the world that speaks a different language then us and have different slang version's like us, it's almost like travelling to a new planet!

I have an Australian accent, but I feel like it's kind of boring - there's no... definition in the words. I'm not sure how to explain it, but I don't think it's anything special.

A lot of people find it strange, but I absolutely love the Singaporean accent. I'm not sure if it's the way they can speak Singlish, or the way they sound like they're trying to keep their words as short as possible, or the intonation that their voice brings with their accent, but I am in love with it. It's not a typical accent that people say they love or want, but I really do!

Another accent I love is the South African one. My best friend when I was young was from South Africa, so along with bringing some nostalgia and old memories to mind when I hear it, it sounds lovely. I'm also not sure why I like this accent, but it does have a certain class to it.

And, of course, I like those beautiful English accents that sound like a waterfall in a rainforest.

South accents are kind of hit and miss. I can't stand the redneck drawl that some people have in the South. I've lived here my whole life. But I do think the more sophisticated southern accents you have in the deep south are pretty appealing.

My favorite accent would be British accent. I think the way they pronounce words sounds pretty that I can listen to it all day. I also think they sound clear though my bestfriend thought American accent is clearer and she mentioned she just can’t understand a word they are saying. I guess it’s just something I get used to. I love watching British movies mainly listening to their accent  :grin:

my favorite english accent has to be the queens english. i think that is the purest form of the language. for me it is very easy to understand and it flows very naturally. i think that it is also a very respectable accent to listen to and follow. i think that the language must be spoken in the right way and delivered with supreme clarity. and in that way it makes communication very viable. so i personally love and appreciate the queens english.

My favorite accent is the British accent. My grandmother has an British accent, and she always sounds so formal and relaxed. Most of my friends swoon when they hear a British accent, but I just like how nice the accent is. I also like German accents.

• 3 weeks later...

I can't pick. I've ALWAYS been enthralled by accents that are out of my country. Each of them has an appeal to them. One could be sweet and melodic, while another could take your breath away with passion, romance and desire. So, I've got to say: All the accents that's not in the US.

One thing I have found that has varied in travels is peoples opinions of accent. I personally love a good accent but some find it to make the speaking of the language inaccurate. The English language has so much variety in accent that I don't think one can really claim to pronounce certain vowels the right way. My name is said in several different ways depending on what country one is from. I think my favorite accent is probably a Scottish one. What about you? Do you have a favorite accent? Or do you feel if a person is a fluent speaker they should not have one?

I have two Scottish friends and they both have different accents. But one thing is sure, I have a hard time understanding them both. Lol! I don't understand why we all click and share fun times together. They do listen when I whine and vice-versa. I like their jokes about the Scottish hating the English even though one of them is married to an English man. Lol! Anyway, I'm biased to them so I think I like their accent. Even though I sometimes don't understand what they're saying. Lol!

I do not know how to tell where accent is from unless I ask. Some time back some two young ladies came to visit in a children home where I volunteer on the weekends. One was from the US and the other one from the UK. They both had very interesting accents, I liked how they talked. There is another wonderful Swedish lady married to a local, she volunteers at the home Monday to Friday. She talks so softly that I was amazed when she told me that English was her second language.

• 2 months later...

I much prefer neutral, but posh accents. My 2 favourites are the English and American posh accents, not dialects. In fact, I recently saw an article stating that a recent survey had found the English accent to be the most popular/attractive accent in the world. I think the American accent featured within the top 5, too :)

In the various English accents present there, I love the Australian accent the most. The words seem ethereal coming out of their mouth and its always pleasant to listen to them. Right, mate?

I think that accents are just adorable... I love them! I particularly like the French accent on both men and women especially if it is deep routed! I find that they sound so cute. I appreciate the American accent as well and the British Northern accent is not too bad either.

British accent will always be very elegant to my ears.  I really love how some syllables sound so airy and less forceful.  It's very calming to the ears.  I specifically love how Kate Middleton speaks.  You can really tell from the way she speaks that she is very well educated and comes from a good family.  I've never encountered any British speakers so far who sounded loud and noisy.  They always sound so polished, respectful, and formal.

I love to hear someone speak with a strong British accent. I remember watching, Sherlock, the TV series and apart from the plot I liked the way the characters spoke with a British accent.

haha, that COULD be due to Benedict Cumberbatch's sexy low voice. Seriously, his voice is like silk