Linguaholic

Best website for Speaking Chinese with Native Speakers: convoconnect.com

josharoo1

hi guys,

Just thought I would share a site I have been using the last few weeks.  It is new but has a few good teachers and I have had very good lessons.  http://www.convoconnect.com promotes language conversation by getting students ton actually focus on practising to speak the language.  It has been good for me to put what I have been learning from textbooks and putting it into practise with a real speaker.  Free materials are fine but nothing beats the real thing!

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

Wow thanks mate! This is awesome!

I've found that learning Chinese is like English in that it's extremely difficult to pick up on all the little nuances without immersion or frequent exposure to native speakers. But while English is more difficult in this regard, hollywood movies make exposure to fluent speakers easily accessible to everyone in the world. But there is no Chinese hollywood, so it's more difficult to fuse one's entertainment with Chinese, and add that extra dimension of immersion to your learning process.

I've met Chinese college students via Omegle, and have done some practicing with them, but that is an extremely time intensive method, and even the Chinese students who want to learn English usually aren't in a position where they are skilled or familiar with teaching.

• 2 weeks later...
I've found that learning Chinese is like English in that it's extremely difficult to pick up on all the little nuances without immersion or frequent exposure to native speakers. But while English is more difficult in this regard, hollywood movies make exposure to fluent speakers easily accessible to everyone in the world. But there is no Chinese hollywood, so it's more difficult to fuse one's entertainment with Chinese, and add that extra dimension of immersion to your learning process.

Well, there is maybe no Chinese Hollywood, however, there are still a lot of possibilities to watch Chinese movies/series/TV on the internet for free and also from the US. Let me suggest you a few sources:

1. CCTV (The main Chinese TV stations; you can watch them online)

2. PPTV (Software for Mac/Windows; after download you will be able to watch thousands of series/films/documentaries in Chinese)

3. QQ (Same as PPTV; Quality is lower, however there are even more films available than on PPTV).

4. xiami.com (It's not about films, it's all about music here. You can stream an endless number of Chinese albums and singles online here.

• 2 weeks later...

An extremely difficult language to learn! I would love to be able to speak it and I did send away for a Chinese language course but have not been able to get stuck into it. I think the best way to learn this language is to go to the country and learn from the people who live there.