Linguaholic

What's the easiest language to learn so far?

xTinx

From my experience, Spanish wins hands down. It's a language closely related to my native tongue. I don't know about you guys, though. But I think Spanish has this tongue-friendly system and they use alphabets when writing too so it's a big plus.

I think when it comes to learning languages, as with learning anything new, it all depends on where your interests lie. For example, if you are a native Spanish speaker it might be easy for you to learn Portuguese, but if you have little interest in it, it might take you a long time to acquire it. On the other hand, if you are fascinated by everything English, than you'll probably be able to grasp that language in no time at all. :)

For me, the easiest language I've learned/ been learning, is French. Why? Because my native tongue is Vietnamese, and the French used to rule over Vietnam, so there are many french words that are in Vietnamese, and my second language is English, so it's the same for English as is Vietnamese. French is also pretty fun to learn, so I have no complaints.

It always depends on what your native language is. If you speak English natively, then probably Spanish or French are the easiest.

If you speak Chinese natively, then probably Vietnamese or Japanese are easiest.

There is really no universal way to decide what languages are easy or difficult. It always depends on where you start from. That said, being interested in the language and having a purpose for learning is usually what matters most. Languages like Chinese do have easy aspects and are not purely frustrating. In other words, even the ¨easiest¨ of languages have difficult parts and even the ¨hardest¨ of languages have easy parts.

I think the answer is going to be very different here. I have heard  more non native english speakers say that english was an easy language to learn when compared to other languages that they study. However, I believe that finding a language easy to learn depends on the person's interest and ability. If those two are not lacking it will certainly be less difficult to learn.

It really depends on what your native tongue is! Learning Portuguese was the easiest for me because my native language is Spanish. But for people with other native languages, Portuguese can be really difficult to master.

Very subjective. Very much so, indeed.

Personally, easiest for me to learn was Spanish. I absolutely hated learning it, but oddly enough, it is the language that has stuck with me most potently.

I have learned bits and bobs of Korean, Chinese, Japanese, and Thai. Can't say that I have  retained much beyond being able to ask 'how much is this?', and 'where is your toilet?', for each.

However, Portuguese, which I am determined to learn in the advent of landing on one of the Brazilian shores within one of the random months of the upcoming year, eludes me.

Go figure.

During school, I had the opportunity to learn Spanish, French and German so far. I am fluent in English and Hungarian, so I won't mention those.

The easiest language I had to learn so far would probably be French. I can't really tell you why. It was just much easier than the rest. I was also thinking that maybe the reason is because I had an amazing teacher. She focused more on us being able to speak, rather than doing tests all the time. In her class, she only spoke French and we had to try to understand what she was saying. She didn't say a word in Hungarian.

German definitely was easier than French.  The German grammar seems much easier to me than French grammar because it is so similar to English in it's structure.  In French, I was never able to get comfortable with the adjective coming after the noun instead of before.  It just really through me off, as did all those unpronounced letters.

I think Spanish is probably one of the easier languages to learn because the words aren't that hard to pronounce or memorize and for me it's especially easy to transition into it since my native language is fairly close to it. Also, having seen a lot of it being ingrained in American culture, I think a lot more people have grown to be familiar with it. Alternatively, I think English is also a bit easy to learn, though I might just be biased since I've been learning it for so long.

I think any language can be easy if you put enough effort into learning it. It just takes some patience, and you need to get the basics down first. I find that once you really put your focus into it becomes easier and easier to learn new things and pick up on the nuances of the languages.