Linguaholic

Spanish Cartoons?

LSJ-8

As I have mentioned in previous threads and my introduction, my three year old and I are learning Spanish.  I'm looking for some good, kid friendly cartoons in Spanish.  I didn't want to just google or youtube them, because I am not fluent (not even close) and I want trustworthy materials.

We've watched a few of his favorite DVDs in Spanish, but I'm hoping to find something that is spoken in Spanish that is indicative of the Spanish and/or Mexican culture.

Uhm truly Mexican cartoons?  Well, those are the only ones I can think of right now:

This cartoon is based on a very loved Mexican TV show, an old one.  It was known as ''Chespirito''.

It's actually an American series, but it's supposed to be very representative of Mexican culture... in a very exaggerated way, of course, lol.  But you can find it in Latino American Spanish for sure.

This one is named ''Mucha Lucha'', also an American cartoon that is more like a mock of the lucha culture in Mexico, but I really enjoyed it as a kid.  You can find it in Latino American Spanish too.

• 2 months later...

Uhm truly Mexican cartoons?  Well, those are the only ones I can think of right now:

This one is named ''Mucha Lucha'', also an American cartoon that is more like a mock of the lucha culture in Mexico, but I really enjoyed it as a kid.  You can find it in Latino American Spanish too.

I remember that show! It was on cartoon network a long while back. Haha...

• 2 months later...

Just search on youtube for spanish cartoons, they are everywhere and most US cartoons are dubbed now.  i watch US cartoons in spanish, but I am surprised at how little they actually talk.  Scooby Doo is probably the best as far as conversations.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, the good thing is that most of the cartoons, series, movies, etc are translated to Spanish as well, so you have so many materials where to learn from.

I would like to recommend just for you, not for your 3 year old, to check also some movies in original version in Spanish, in our blog we add movies often: http://www.123spanishtutor.com/category/spanish-movies/

Have a look and let us know what you think  :wink: