Linguaholic

relax with english [English] and relax with nihongo [Japanese]

kuchiplay

Hi, my partner and I are studying app development. 

We could really use some feedback on a set of small, bite size apps we are working on - one set is for people studying English, while the other is for people studying Japanese.  We think these free apps could be a nice way to chill out for somebody studying these languages ... a peaceful addition to your current study.  These apps are available for Android phone and tablet through the google play store, and also for pc. 

The English activities are here at http://www.kuchiplay.com/#/relaxwithenglish-1-4/

The Japanese activities are here at http://www.kuchiplay.com/#/relaxwithnihongo/

What type of feedback do we need?  We would like to know things like

• What activities you like
  • Was anything confusing, or didn't make sense

Thanks for your time

Kuchiplay  :wink:

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

Thank you for sharing this, I am on a pc right now so I couldn't try the apps yet, but right now I'm also interested in studying some Japanese words because I have started watching some of their old tv series, and I like some of the songs that I hear, so these apps would probably be helpful to me.

Kuchiplay just mentioned that the App is available for PC as well, so you could indeed check the App out, couldn't you? You probably didn't read the text very carefully :=) Well, that can happen.

@kuchiplay

Please keep in mind that www.linguaholic.com is not an advertising platform. However, you presented your App in a nice way and in the appropriate forum, so I am willing to "accept" this post. Please don't advertise your App in different sub-forums. If you do so, I will find out anyway.

Unfortunately I don't own any Android devices, so I can't try your app. Anyway, I wish you the best of luck with your App!

This is nice. I think the app will facilitate effective learning for people who've just been introduced to the basics of a language. But once they've gone beyond the beginner status, this app may no longer apply except for relaxing reviews.

Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to check the apps out, or to give a reply to the original post. 

@ Sidney - 2 of the apps are only for android, but 2 others are android or Windows download, while the last 2 run on any web browser (phone, pc, probably even kindle  :wink:)

@ Linguaholic Administrator - thanks for the advice, I won't be putting any posts like this in other sub-forums

@ xTinx - yes, most of the material is beginner level / about the basics ... for anyone beyond that level, it won't help them build up their skill base, it might just be a nice way to relax on a commute, or while in front of the tv.  The problem solving activities would be challenging for beginners I think ...

Again, thanks - kuchiplay

• 1 month later...

I have only tried the online platform, and I think it's a cool idea! I love that you take the emphasis off learning and just make it a game. It'd be great to offer different levels of difficulty. I understand you're aiming it at beginners but it'd be great for higher levels as well :)

Thanks for all your hard work and contribution to the language learning community!

Thanks for the feedback lucibi22,

I hadn't been thinking about difficulty levels, but it does make a lot of sense - would let people challenge themselves when they feel like it, or if they found the base activity too simple. 

Cheers,

Kuchiplay