Linguaholic

Currently working on a blog with free Spanish lessons

SpanishLinguist

Hi,

I am a native Spanish speaker and teach Spanish online. I am currently working on a blog with free Spanish lessons designed by me. Text, videos and audio files are included. 

I have already written 4 units - now working on unit 5 (67 lessons in total so far) but I have realised that I have some problems with punctuation in English. 

I was wondering if someone would be interested in volunteering as part of this project.  I need someone to proofread my English.  I have a tendency to omit commas and semicolons, too.

If someone is interested, please drop me a line. 

Thank you.

-SpanishLinguist

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

This sounds like a promising endeavor, I look forward to checking out your site, as Spanish is one of my languages of interest.

However, I'm afraid I can't help you with semi-colons, I never know where to put them myself and I'm a native English speaker. :wacky: I can help with commas and apostrophes, that's about it.

Hello,

Thank you for replying so quickly.

My blog is here:

http://spanishforeverybody.tumblr.com

There is a drop-down menu at the bottom. You need scroll down the page to find it. I will hire someone to fix that. I would like the sidebar to be on the left and the drop-down menu under the sidebar.

I am working on Unit 5 now. I will have to generate the HTML code to introduce it in the drop-down menu.

Do you want me to attach a document with the first lessons so it would be easier to revise it?

Thank you very much for helping with this.

Regards,

SpanishLinguist

Oh its on tumbler, if you want your own website, I can help you with that, I'm a web developer. You'll be able to earn some money with it as well, and also you'll have better command over how it looks and works. Let me know if you are interested.

Hey, I'm learning Spanish, so I checked out your website! I think it would be better if the units were split up into different posts. Your assessment posts and lesson posts are really long, and I doubt people will want to stay on a webpage filling out a long worksheet. Also, is there a way for users to type in their information, instead of just having a blank section for their answers? The way the site is now users would have to sit by their computer with a paper and pencil, or take notes in a word document, which seems pretty inconvenient. Also, maybe you could put the answers on the bottom of the post, which can help less motivated users learn the information. Some more suggestions include adding pictures, so we aren't reading a wall of text during the lessons.

Well first off, I think it's really commendable of you to do that, there are a lot of people who will be eager to earn and offering it for free is very generous. It would be even better if you were able to get your own website and generate some income for yourself with it to help your endeavor. I'm not always comfortable with where semicolons are appropriate, otherwise I would be happy to help. It sounds like you've got some people interested though, happy to hear it :).

Hi,

I am a native Spanish speaker and teach Spanish online. I am currently working on a blog with free Spanish lessons designed by me. Text, videos and audio files are included. 

I have already written 4 units - now working on unit 5 (67 lessons in total so far) but I have realised that I have some problems with punctuation in English. 

I was wondering if someone would be interested in volunteering as part of this project.  I need someone to proofread my English.  I have a tendency to omit commas and semicolons, too.

If someone is interested, please drop me a line. 

Thank you.

-SpanishLinguist

That sounds great, it is a great idea, I also love Spanish, am going to be sure to check out your site, am sure there are professionals on our site who can help with the semi colons, I would help but I am going to check out your site, thank you.

Hi,

Thank for your suggestions and feedback. As ariana4 suggested, I have generated the HTML code so that people can type the answers in a blank box. However, it is a lot of work. I will carry on tomorrow as I have finished with lesson 4.6.1. If you decide to do the exercises, you can save them in a PDF document. You will need to scroll down the page and click on "Print".  I would also try to split the lessons into different posts. Regarding inserting pictures, I'll have to have a look at how to do that in a text post as I will have to generate the HMTL code. I don't provide the answers as I'd like to generate some income.  If you are complete beginners, I would recommend you to scroll down the page and see the drop-down menu (I need to hire someone to fix that).  The blog is still under construction, so suggestions are welcome.

Regards,

SpanishLinguist

Very nice! That's a genius idea. I really think with all of the people out there who are interested in learning Spanish you could really expect a lot of visitors on your blog. I've been looking around for a similar site and haven't had much like finding anything that is actually useful. Looking forward to seeing your work! I'm not good enough to volunteer at this point, but hopefully you are able to find some capable individuals.

• 3 weeks later...

Presently I have no interest in learning Spanish because I cannot afford much time on a language which I know nothing about.

However, I like a song with several lines which is written in Spanish.  I hope I can sing it in proper Spanish.  I listen to the song again and again and it is still very difficult for me.  It is too fast.  I cannot catch it.  Could you give me a hand?  Thanks in advance.

Here's the song in Spanish:

(Ah, ah)

Corazón, Sweetheart

(I can't stop dreaming of you,)

no puedo dejar de pensar en ti, I can't stop thinking of you

(I can't stop dreaming,)

Cómo te necesito, How I need you

(I can't stop dreaming of you,)

Mi amor, como te extraño, My love, how I miss you.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! This is great. I just took a peak at the site and am really impressed! I bookmarked it and will definitely be back to try some of the lessons in the future. I am currently focusing on bringing my French up to speed first then I am going to go back and tackle Spanish again.

Thank you for sharing your site. I am always looking for easy to digest resources that can help me master spanish grammar and terminology as I am learning it. Thank you for this resource. I have it bookmarked and I am sure it will be of assistance to me.

I just checked the site out and the lessons are very well written so I must congratulate you on your achievement and your effort. I unfortunately can't volunteer because I don't have much free time to do hobby work right now but I just wanted to drop by and wish you luck with your new site. I can help with the design critique if you need it.

That's a brilliant idea, SpanishLinguist! I understand about the income-generating part that of course you'd like to have. The idea of doing so will not only benefit you, but also a lot of people who would like to learn Spanish, considering it's free of charge!

As to the punctuations especially the proper use of semi-colons, I cannot remember anymore the rules about it. But do check or search for its proper use in Google or any search engine. It will be of great help. I will check out your website when I find the time.

Good luck with it!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry that I wouldn't be able to help you, overall. :( I am, however, looking forward to whenever you finish this project. My boyfriend's mother speaks mostly Spanish, so I would love to use this in order to know what they're saying without my boyfriend having to translate all the time. Good luck with finding a proof reader, though! :D  :smile: