Linguaholic

Languages

TEFL-Commando

I'd like to know what languages people have learnt at any time during their life.

When I was at school I was studying French, Spanish, Latin and Ancient Greek. I found the old (dead) languages fascinating, as you could see the origins of English words and how their original meaning in some cases have become misconstrued.

Hello, nice to meet you!

I knew English and Bengali from birth, because my mom is from Bangladesh and I grew up in the United States. I know French from high school, as I took four years. I studied some Spanish, but forgot most of it, to be honest. I am currently learning Japanese!

Firs of all, wrong section to post the topic mate, this one is to introduce yourself.

Anyone, I've learned English and some Hindi and Arabic. I knew Urdu by birth and later Punjabi too because it was the language of the place where I grew up.

Firs of all, wrong section to post the topic mate, this one is to introduce yourself.

Anyone, I've learned English and some Hindi and Arabic. I knew Urdu by birth and later Punjabi too because it was the language of the place where I grew up.

Where are you from?