Linguaholic

Youtube

RhodaDEttore

There are some tutorial YouTube videos about languages or translations. Some are even made funny to catch attention and others are comprehensive enough to teach the basics. I do not subscribe to any channels but I think you can browse and see if those videos will be useful enough for you.

I honestly don't like using YouTube to learn languages, specially not fr the language I'm currently studying, because I have already found a great way to study it! YouTube can be a great place to find some additional material,  so I'd not say it's totally useless for me.  I'll most likely go there to when I need to hear different accents and need to improve my listening skills.

With YouTube being a free site, there's bound to be limitations to the quality of materials for language learning. Like what the other poster mentioned, there's bound to be a channel where you can learn from. You only need to browse. Like herself, I also don't subscribe to any channel as I would just randomly search if there's something I need.

I also watch Youtube videos focusing on the specific language I'm trying to learn. Since I focus on Japanese language I look for videos which features a native speaker teaching Japanese using the English language.

• 3 weeks later...

I have used YouTube to learn specific words or phrases but not have not watched a whole series of lessons all the way through. For example, I wanted to brush up on counting higher then 10 in Spanish and just searched for videos on that.  There are tons of videos and they very a lot in quality. 

• 2 months later...

I agree with most of the posters I doubt that you will get quality learning material from Youtube mostly because it is free and there is a lot of traffic towards it. However if maybe you just want to polish up a few language skills then you can definitely use it. I wouldn't recommend it for learning a completely new language.

All the best.