Linguaholic

Spanish Pick-up Lines

olivia

I was doing the "flirting" lesson on Duolingo, and they had some silly pickup lines like:

• Ojalá fuera bizco para verte dos veces. - I wish I were cross-eyed so I could see you twice.
  • ¿Te perdiste? El cielo está muy lejos de aquí. - Are you lost? Heaven is far from here.

Do you know of any others?

In my country, more than pick-up lines, men have this custom of using lines that, while they convey admiration for the female, will probably not get you anywhere.

For example, when a beautiful girl is walking around with her mother, some guys would shout out to her mother "Suegra!" (mother-in-law). And also "si no tiene quien se la cuide, yo se la cuido con gusto" (if you have no one to take care of her, I will gladly do so).

Most of them are actually kind of vulgar. The least one that I could share here is "si así es el camino como será el pueblo" (if that's how the road looks like, I wonder how the town is). It's not vulgar in itself, but it's used when a girl is showing her stomach, back or cleavage, and you want to mean that you wonder how her private parts look like.

• 1 month later...

I was doing the "flirting" lesson on Duolingo, and they had some silly pickup lines like:

• Ojalá fuera bizco para verte dos veces. - I wish I were cross-eyed so I could see you twice.
  • ¿Te perdiste? El cielo está muy lejos de aquí. - Are you lost? Heaven is far from here.

Do you know of any others?

Those are so lame, they are probably not real ´pickup lines´ but just silly stuff someone thought up.  Living in a big city in central america, the only thing I hear men using here is whistling.  I am a guy, and if I am walking near a pretty woman and a man whistles, I usually turn to him and say ´thank you´ which gets a giggle out of the woman and an opening...  thanks whistlers!