Linguaholic

Your method of learning a language

NATASHA

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

I prefer to be in a group setting when i'm studying a language. Group study is a big booster for me because we get to share our different experiences and learn from each other instead of sticking to a syllabus in the classroom. I also like to use flash cards and any form of translator.

The best method in my opinion is to communicate with native speakers

The more we speak the better is our language.

And the best thing is to take courses with native teachers online.

I can propose you to visit the site http://www.online-russian-lessons.com.

There is a possibility to test Russian  knowledge and take a free of charge online  lesson.

Online to learn is very comfortably and pleasantly.

Online Russian courses will be the easiest studies you have ever tried.

For receiving the free of charge lesson  please contact  me [email protected].

There are a myriad of ways one can go about learning a new language. I think the use of flash cards is helpful. Definitely invest in some audio books and or Dvd's to help you pick things up quicker as well. It helps to hear the language you are trying to learn actually be spoken properly. Also, if you can afford it, invest in a tutor to help you learn the language.

• 4 weeks later...

I always pick up languages quickly if they are being spoken around me. I think that the environment teaches us best. If you hear a particular language being spoken around you often and you are able to ask questions about particular words or phrases, it really helps.  :grin:

I have found apps that pair you up with language partners, which helps tremendously because you are made to find a way to communicate with the other person, and they can correct you if you are wrong, thus improving your language skills. I also like to watch shows that are in that language without subtitles and look up any words I don't know. I've been looking for children's books to practice my reading skills, but sometimes even those are hard. Recently I found a YouTube channel that has videos teaching Korean that are in Korean, which I think is a really good idea!

My approach to learning a new language is usually always quite formal and conservative. I like going to professionally taught classes to gain a basic idea of the language structure, grammar and correct pronunciation. I follow those studies up with reading and writing. I like to surround myself with the new language by watching movies and listening to native speakers on the radio. And, ultimately, I like to travel to a country where the language is spoken, to fully immerse myself in it. :)

Self made flash cards always worked for me. I would study with a friend that's in the class, we'd also would come up with stories about what the character looked like so we could remember it easily. The professor also encouraged that we do both those methods since it's helped his students in the past. Worked like a charm about 8 out of 10 times. Till we got the harder words and all the words just meant "fish" to me...Long story, that.  :shy:

I have recently enrolled in an elementary Nihongo language class, and so far I've gotten used to the traditional method of learning in the classroom as well as studying them the old-fashioned way.  However, I'm reinforcing my skills through modern methods such as Memrise.  A combination of both traditional and modern methods of learning will stick to my mind together as well as help me learn and enjoy the language at the same time.