Linguaholic

What is your favorite romance language and why?

celebritea

They're all beautiful, but being that I speak some Spanish, I'd have to that's my favorite. They're all very beautiful however, and I'm interested in learning more Romance languages than just Spanish.

What's yours?

Romance is romance so whatever language you use as long as it sends across a romantic and lovely message, then it's the sweetest thing ever to the ears of the beloved.

However, I do love to learn French. So the idea of speaking French in a romantic way will just be so captivating. I wish I could. I tried to learn it from my daughters who took French language in school. It was difficult for me probably because I wasn't really focused.

Romance is romance so whatever language you use as long as it sends across a romantic and lovely message, then it's the sweetest thing ever to the ears of the beloved.

However, I do love to learn French. So the idea of speaking French in a romantic way will just be so captivating. I wish I could. I tried to learn it from my daughters who took French language in school. It was difficult for me probably because I wasn't really focused.

That's interesting, I didn't know "romance language" was more of a subjective term. So expressed romantically/lovingly, German could be a romantic language, for example?

That's interesting, I didn't know "romance language" was more of a subjective term. So expressed romantically/lovingly, German could be a romantic language, for example?

No, not at all. Romance languages are languages descended from Vulgar Latin. It was spread during the expansion of Rome 300BC-100AD. After the roman empire declined, the language started meshing with local languages. Those langauge became romantic languages. German is not one of those. German stems from the west Germanic.

I would have to say Italian because it is so sultry. There is something about an Italian man that I can not resist. All of my old boyfriends were Italian and now I am dating a German.  :love: Big difference, but I do sometimes miss the passion.

My vote would go to the French language. I know Spanish is a good contender and it might even sound more romantic on by technical level but I am just too in love with the sound of the french language so I am very biased towards it. The only problem is that the words and phrases are so hard to pronounce and get used to so it's a difficult language to learn for me.

Lol! I didn't realize romance languages as existing. As such, I viewed it as per message sent across.  Pardon my ignorance.

But come to think of it, I said French would be nice to learn which I found out is included in the Romance languages.

No, not at all. Romance languages are languages descended from Vulgar Latin. It was spread during the expansion of Rome 300BC-100AD. After the roman empire declined, the language started meshing with local languages. Those langauge became romantic languages. German is not one of those. German stems from the west Germanic.

Okay, that's what I thought lol. I thought he was teaching me something new.

Okay, that's what I thought lol. I thought he was teaching me something new.

After you quoted my answer and asked, that was when I realized Romance languages do exist. I searched it up in Google and no, German language is not in the list. So I'm not teaching you something new. Lol! You taught me instead which is good. Thanks for that and sorry for the confusion. :-)

After you quoted my answer and asked, that was when I realized Romance languages do exist. I searched it up in Google and no, German language is not in the list. So I'm not teaching you something new. Lol! You taught me instead which is good. Thanks for that and sorry for the confusion. :-)

No problem. We're all here to learn! There are so many nuances when it comes to learning/speaking foreign languages.

The language that I find most romantic and stimulating, is Italian. I simply adore the melodic way that Italians speak. Even when they are angry, they still sound musical to me. :)

I thought Spanish was romantic, but my opinion has changed since I actually started learning the language. It also has lovely lulling sounds, but in essence it's quite choppy.

When I was younger, it was French that was romantic to me. Mainly because of the fact that when it came to romantic movies, that was the go to language it seemed, to me, that they used. So, I become a hopeless romantic for it. Even if I don't want to learn French anymore, I still give it props for being such an inticting language that made me long for a kiss from a French gentlemen.  :wink:

I have always thought that the French language was very romantic. I enjoy watching soap operas that have been translated into the English language on TV. Once in a while, they play the music in the native language and I find it very romantic. Language is so beautiful that you do not need to know the words so that you can enjoy it. I am listening to Indian music as I write this; I do not understand a single word yet it is heavenly.