Linguaholic

Loving Duolingo

Chris4Davi

I downloaded the Duolingo app for Android phones last night and I was up so late enjoying it. I have learnt so much already because of the whole set up,it is more like a game to me than an average learning app, so much more fun and easier to use. Have you guys ever tried it?

• 1 month later...

I have been using Duolingo to help me learn French, and their methods of learning and memorizing is fantastic! I really like how they have the coaching feature with the XP and how there is a daily reminder. I don't like the hearts feature though.

I absolutely adore Duolingo. From what I know they made a chromebook app for it too, in case anybody here uses a chromebook. I've had amazing experiences with that app and considering it's free it's really well made and full for a free app. I do think there are paid versions, but I'm not sure. I didn't end up using it forever. I ought to reinstall it, though.

I found duolingo to be fun and useful. However, I don't think it is something you can use on its own and expect to learn a language fully. Perhaps I'm wrong but I certainly think going to language learning classes will help you progress faster than language learning apps.

I love Duolingo for reading/writing. It's a kind of coffee-break thing I can sit down and do whenever I have a couple minutes. I'm not sure that it really helps in the speaking/listening aspect though, because it can't tell if your accent is any good and the voice you hear is a synthesizer that's kind of strange (except in, I believe, the case of Irish where there's an actual recording). I treat it more as a sort of interactive flash-card service than a full language learning suite.

• 1 month later...

Duolingo is amazing in my opinion! It's such a friendly user interface and also allows you to learn language creatively and in a fun way, too. I used to use Rosetta Stone, but it proved too expensive. I think Duolingo is a wonderful alternative... for the time being at least.

Also love this app. I was in a Spanish class and decided to learn German on DuoLingo. On the first day, I learned much more than I would studying by myself. Also, the incentives they offer for completing tasks makes me want to stay on it all night.

I really like Duolingo, and I think it is fabulous that it is free.  The only issue that I have with it is an issue with myself really, and that is that sometimes I forget to do it everyday.  I get caught up with the every day things of life, and realize that a week or two have gone by and I haven't studied.

Right now I'm using it to study Spanish, and when I go through that entire program, I want to start on another language as well.