Linguaholic

Ororo.tv

clod

Hi everybody, I use that website to see the english movies with eng subtitle, plus if you click on the word that you don't know the meaning, immediately appear the meaning of that word in your own language.

What do you think about that? Could it be useful like read a book?

I think almost any method can help as long as you are actively trying to learn. If you are paying enough attention to the subtitles, especially if it's enough to make you look up the words then I'm guessing it will be helpful. I think learning a new language has more to do with the attitude of who's trying to learn than the method he or she uses.

Hi everybody, I use that website to see the english movies with eng subtitle, plus if you click on the word that you don't know the meaning, immediately appear the meaning of that word in your own language.

What do you think about that? Could it be useful like read a book?

That's great because it is like looking at a dictionary and knowing the meaning. When you know what a word means, it naturally enriches your vocabulary; thus, learning more words in a particular language. So I think it is a useful site. But does it also have movies in other languages with English subtitles? If it has, then that would be awesome and quite beneficial to language learners, I suppose.

I believe that any method that you are able to learn something from is a good method for you. Each persons ability to learn a new language does vary so individuals just have to stick with what works best for them.

That's great because it is like looking at a dictionary and knowing the meaning. When you know what a word means, it naturally enriches your vocabulary; thus, learning more words in a particular language. So I think it is a useful site. But does it also have movies in other languages with English subtitles? If it has, then that would be awesome and quite beneficial to language learners, I suppose.

That website has only english movies and tv shows, but I'm sure that on internet you can find a website with movies in other language with eng sub.

• 1 month later...

Wow, that sounds so cool! I think if it can also translate whole phrases for you, even better! You could sit through the movie making notes of new phrases and words, although it would take you ages for you to see the whole movie LOL Yes, I like it :)