Linguaholic

What to Go Over

I'm moving back to North Carlonia Christmas weekend, and my sister wants some help getting better at her spoken Japanese. However, as I've mentioned before, she doesn't really like my tutoring method. I want to review some of the more important words to remember like 'mata' or 'yukkuri' with her, but I can't think of much else to review. Would any of you happen to have any ideas?

• 10 months later...

If your sister doesn't like your method, perhaps you could introduce her to Memrise.com where she can see lots of different courses that have been put together by users. I bet she could find something she likes there. If that doesn't work, there is also JapanesePod101, which is an audio podcast. That might work for her because she can listen and absorb what she wants to learn. Try that out and see if it works!

• 2 weeks later...

You may want to recommend to her the site of Nihongo Master, as well as the JLPT Resource.  The JLPT Resource site has MP3 files which can help, as well as some reading materials, from the beginner up to the advanced.

I would hit the local library. I found so many videos and audiobooks that helped me practice. The library is such a great, yet forgotten resource when it comes to learning languages. Most even have language clubs and if they don't you can join a meetup and find other people who speak Japanese too.