Linguaholic

Experimental Game #2

deyvion

Okey, so a game section has been proposed, and there is already a game posted, so I thought I would start up a new one and see how it goes.

I previously proposed the 'Five Letter Word Game', and since this thread is in the General section, I thought I'd change the rules a little.

Basically the rules are these:

I write a five letter word, let's say, GLASS.

Then, the next person has to come with his/her own five letter word that starts with the last letter from the word by the person before - in this case S.

Easy right?

However, as I said, I would change the rules a little. Since this game is not posted under a specific lanugage, and this forum is about learning language, I thought that the person could choose a word from whatever language, as long as it is five letters, starts with the last letter from the word before, and also includes a definition.

So, I start.

GLASS

Definition:

SWEDISH: Ice cream

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

Sounds like a fun game!  Here's my contribution.

sueño

Definition:

Spanish: dream

Sueño can also mean "sleepy" when used with the verb "tener" which translates as "to have" or "to be," depending on the context.

So "tener sueño" translates as "to be sleepy."    "Tengo sueño." =  I am sleepy.

Hmm this game sounds quite interesting even if it turns a bit hard for me... I would love to share some words from my native language with you, but with the different alphabets it can turn rather messy...

Ok, I will try.

YAZVA - it is actually written in 4 letters in Bulgarian, but every 5 lettered word starting with this sound will become 6 lettered when translitterated... messy I told you. In Cyrillic it is written ЯЗВА

It means ulcer.

Hmm this game sounds quite interesting even if it turns a bit hard for me... I would love to share some words from my native language with you, but with the different alphabets it can turn rather messy...

Ok, I will try.

YAZVA - it is actually written in 4 letters in Bulgarian, but every 5 lettered word starting with this sound will become 6 lettered when translitterated... messy I told you. In Cyrillic it is written ЯЗВА

It means ulcer.

As long as you try, and you contribute to a larger vocabulary, it is okey. =)

Andas

Swedish: to breathe