Linguaholic

Next language you'd like to learn

tulosai

I would  really like to learn spanish. I have no particular reason just something that appeals to me. Furthermore, also I would love to travel to the country one day. I think that is the reason that I want to learn it.

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

I don't think I could study any other language. I've studied over a dozen languages and I mastered few, so possibly I would like to practice German, Russian and French to be at top level with these languages, I think this would be a good achievement.

I am just getting along with Spanish with a long way ahead before I am fluent. However, I also fancy Chinese (mandarin). I have taken lessons in it before but that was a few years ago and I was never very good at it.

The problem for me in the lessons was the culture divide. The teachers were so timid and giggled at the end of each sentence... I really couldn't understand what the heck was going on.

Why Chinese? Well, I see it as a door opener to new jobs and business opportunities.

I've wanted to learn Japanese since even before I learned Chinese. I have never had the opportunity to travel to Japan and every time I start learning I hit a wall and have to stop. It is frustrating.

I already know Chinese so recognizing the kanji is easy for me, but pronouncing them is another story!

I would love to learn Japanese. I have less time these days to study like back in my Chinese learning days. Maybe some day I will get the right opportunity to learn Japanese. Let's hope.

Although I'm currently taking French in high-school (AP French) I'd really like to learn one of the Scandinavian languages; I'd probably study Norwegian as I'd like to go study in Norway when I get into college.

I'm seeing a lot of people say they want to learn German. Learning German would be cool, but I've heard it's one of the hardest languages to learn. If I was going to learn another language I think it would be Chinese. There are a lot of Chinese people coming over to the states, especially at places like colleges and universities. I just think it would be a very useful language to know.

I love the German culture and I can understand a few words and phrases in German, but I cannot speak it nor write it at all.

Therefore, my next language to learn is German. I'm already subscribed to an online course from about.com, but I have not had time to study and practice the lessons they have sent me.

I would love to learn Italian. More then half of my family originates from Italy, and a lot of my family members speak Italian but I have never learned it. I think it would be awesome to be able to write letters and call my family in Italy and be able to speak with them in Italian.

The next language I want to study is Latin. I took a few classes and like how it's very similar to the romantic languages. I just think the idea that i will be able to speak like the ancient Roman's did is so cool. I'm a huge fan of Roman history.

I have just started to learn Swedish. One of my new housemates is a native Swedish speaker and whenever I hear her talk I'm intrigued by it. The sound of it just seems really unique and interesting.

Along with some online courses, she is going to help me learn.

I guess I'd go with French or Japanese.  They're both interesting and widely spoken. Not to mention I would like to visit places where these languages are spoken. Culture-wise too, they're both fascinating.

Japanese is definitely one that I would love to learn one day. I've been told that it's very tricky though. I suppose when you have learnt a few languages though it is easy to start new ones from scratch.

If you were going to start trying to learn a new language now which one would it be and why?

I would definitely want to try Croatian.  My family is there and I am visiting in a few weeks so it would be really useful to me!

Aside from Spanish, another language I would love to learn and master is Japanese with Korean being a close second. I guess it's because of my recent interest and enjoyment of J-pop and K-pop music. I've been into Japanese anime for a while, reading English subtitles as I watch, of course, but to speak and understand the language would be wonderful. I'm also planning on a visit to Japan in the near future so anything would help.

If you were going to start trying to learn a new language now which one would it be and why?

I would definitely want to try Croatian.  My family is there and I am visiting in a few weeks so it would be really useful to me!

For me it has to be Chinese (Mandarin) as I see it being great for my business prospects. However, it may have to wait a little while as I am still in the early stages of learning Spanish :-)

I am actually looking forward to improving my Finnish and French, but I can already speak them at an intermediate level, thus I would like to start to learn Chinese.

My next language will definately be Italian.  Although I grew up with it, I never learned it and as I have gotten older I regret it.  I also have so many friends who have gone to Italy and loved it, so if I go, being mostly of Italian descent I really should learn the language.

Next to English, I would like to learn Japanese because I really admire Japanese culture and animation and Japan is the country I really wanted to explore. I like to witness their Sakura festival and to look at their arts and literature. Well, that or Spanish since besides English, Spanish was the language spoken in our country for hundred of years during the Spanish occupancy in our country.

I am already fluent in German and English. I would love to learn French or Dutch. I would have an easy time with Dutch, since the words already seem so similar to German. I would love to pick up French because it is a beautiful language, and my sisters in Germany already speak it fluently. I grew up a half hour from France, so it is probably going to be my next choice.

This is such a hard choice for me- I would love to be fluent in about 12 languages, lol. I've wanted to learn Italian for the longest time but lately I've been feeling drawn to Chinese of some form. Practical enough, as well.

I eventually want to learn one East Asian language. Probably Korean or Japanese. It should help a lot with my watching East Asian drama. I also just want to be able to do it because their writing can be very challenging. I'm only used to Roman letters.