Linguaholic

Cool Idea to thank your language teacher

Saholy

Since the school year is ending many people are looking for ways to thank their teachers. This could include our language teachers if we are taking a formal class. Here is something that might interest you but feel free to post any other ideas on how to say thanks.

On Tuesday May 5th Cici's Pizza restaurant available at 450 locations across the United States will offer every teacher a free adult pizza buffet from 4 pm until closing. Most teachers know that their students are on a fixed income, so they would probably get a kick out of their student wanting to take them out for pizza and not be offended that one of the two meals would be free. (don't make them pay for yours!) You could also give them a gift at the end of the meal. It might be a fun idea for a pizza party since this restaurant has really low prices on their pizza buffet. It would be fun to have to speak the language you are trying to learn and if anyone accidentally speaks another language they need to put a coin in a jar, at the end of the party the teacher could get all the change or it could be used as tip for the waitstaff.

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

I have seen only a few Cici's Pizza restaurants around my area but I have never heard of this amazing deal! Granted, it is a bit too late to do it now, but if they end up doing this yearly, I think that it would be a wonderful outing. I have had quite a bit of influential teachers this year that I would definitely love to do something special for them. Usually I write them a lovely letter bought from papyrus thanking them for a wonderful semester. Thanks for letting me (and everyone else) know about this idea!

• 4 months later...

I also don't live in the US, but I really think it's a great idea to reward the teachers for their hard work and determination to educate young minds. Well, we are now celebrating Teacher's Day here in the Philippines, and I have now been seeing a lot of students giving warm greetings to their teachers. I believe even just a simple appreciation for them would make them feel happy and fulfilled.

Edited by missbookworm

What if your language teacher is a virtual one? What kind of gift is fit for the set up. Maybe an online gift card that could be used anywhere in the world. An ebook perhaps that he or she might appreciate. You can still send gifts but that may take time to ship and could be costly. 

Oh, I remember posts about the recent Teacher's day that happened in our country. Anyway, I think it's a great idea to thank our teachers. After all, they don't get paid well enough for all the stress, problems and efforts that they put into teaching. Same goes for any virtual teachers. Even a simple thank you will sure to make them smile. 

I remember back then that we used to write letters to our teachers in elementary and I remember the smile on their faces upon receiving it. We also give them flowers during Valentine's day and gifts on Christmas. But what better gift is it for them if we study hard and give them good grades? I'm sure that will boost their confidence in their teaching ability!

When we completed our Elementary Nihongo 1 class, our professor treated us to some snacks.  My classmates contributed some foodstuffs for us to eat, while I had to purchase two large bottles of soda.  I should have bought just one.  We really enjoyed our class sessions, and this weekend we will be having an Open House.  I miss seeing my teachers too, thanking them for their efforts in teaching me the language.

I do not live in the US, but I'm sure that those who do will definitely grab the opportunity to avail of this offer.

Aside from that, I think a simple thank you card would be enough to warm their heart.

I'm with you there, Sidney :) I would rather tell my teacher about my appreciation of his/her help, or get them a thank you card. I agree too that if you can spare the money and you had a fantastic teacher, that your idea wouldn't be a bad one.