Linguaholic

Korean Language Apps?

Does anyone know of any Korean language learning apps?  I have had a few on my phone in the past, but I never really used them for various reasons.  It seems Duolingo is good, but they don't have Korean.  Boo.

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

I've tried looking for Korean language apps before and I have yet to come across a promising app that would actually teach you the language. Most of the apps I see now are like Korean-English dictionary types that aren't that helpful so I don't think that there is any out there yet.

What I use to learn Korean is a website called 'Talk to Me in Korean'. It's an awesome website that has loads of Korean lessons for free! It has a pdf you can download and also an audio of the Koreans (who speak in English, don't worry) who will teach you Korean per chapter. In the end of each chapter there's actually a test you can take and it's great because you can review everything you learned in that chapter. That site helped me a lot in my learning of the language. Although it isn't an app, I hope this helps!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I am very curious about this as well. I found a great textbook that is useful for when I have time to learn at home but what I really would love is an app so I can use my free time when on buses or waiting for friends to learn a few words!

I think the Talk To Me In Korean website sounds really good! I will check it out!

I've tried looking for Korean language apps before and I have yet to come across a promising app that would actually teach you the language. Most of the apps I see now are like Korean-English dictionary types that aren't that helpful so I don't think that there is any out there yet.

What I use to learn Korean is a website called 'Talk to Me in Korean'. It's an awesome website that has loads of Korean lessons for free! It has a pdf you can download and also an audio of the Koreans (who speak in English, don't worry) who will teach you Korean per chapter. In the end of each chapter there's actually a test you can take and it's great because you can review everything you learned in that chapter. That site helped me a lot in my learning of the language. Although it isn't an app, I hope this helps!

This sounds promising. Korean has always intrigued me but I've heard that it's pretty difficult to learn.