Linguaholic

IPA Section in Forum

So one thing that I found to be helpful when studying languages either on my own or through the University was learning the International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA). The reason why I bring this up is that IPA is a universal alphabet that is often used to understand the sounds and phrases of each language. There are so many symbols that represent each language along with its rules that I think it would be a great addition to those who may want to study it to better understand languages as a whole.

If you are in favor of this recommendation for the Forum, I would suggest either an IPA section within each language OR just an overall IPA section within "Study Other Languages". IPA is truly a useful technique to study languages efficiently!

• 4 months later...

So one thing that I found to be helpful when studying languages either on my own or through the University was learning the International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA). The reason why I bring this up is that IPA is a universal alphabet that is often used to understand the sounds and phrases of each language. There are so many symbols that represent each language along with its rules that I think it would be a great addition to those who may want to study it to better understand languages as a whole.

If you are in favor of this recommendation for the Forum, I would suggest either an IPA section within each language OR just an overall IPA section within "Study Other Languages". IPA is truly a useful technique to study languages efficiently!

That is an interesting suggestion. I will have a look into it. Thank you!