Linguaholic

home education

Lena2222

Good morning everyone! Today I want to share my experiences. Maybe it will be to someone useful. And then I'll be very. I want to tell you  about how I opened the training at home. Education at home is sometimes even better than any courses. Tuition with a tutor to pay the money, and when I studied at home, it was absolutely free. I could choose the pace of employment myself. When I went to the courses, teacher often did not have time for all students. That made me very upset. What kind of training I'm saying? In my case, it was learning English. I'll start my story. I'm from Ukraine. Due to recent developments in Ukraine, I moved to the capital. I say thanks, because I always wanted to live here, but there was no push. The euphoria of the move took place, and here I am in Kiev. I knew English  not very good. I wanted to find a job with knowledge of the average English, but went wherever taken. On the last working knowledge of English is not needed. It worked  9 months and I realized that I need to develop. I decided to change my job. I knew exactly what I want to work with a salary much higher and that the work had to be a favorite for me and with the practice of the English language. I decided to improve my level of English. I began to look for sites on the Internet that would help me in this. Here are some of them  https://essaycool.com  and lingualeo.com/ru I found a lot of literature. Learning English is very fascinated me. I have been actively studied for 2 months. I watched shows and movies in English. I increased my knowledge in English. Soon I became an accountant in a foreign company. I understand that I have no knowledge of English would not have taken. I advise everyone  training at home.

• 2 months later...

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

Lena, I'm glad that this method has really worked for you, and congratulations on your English. It looks to me like you're doing really well. I think a lot of people, especially those who are a bit short of money, learn languages through this method. I think it also helps that these days you can also join free online classes to supplement your independent learning. This is a route I think I'll initially go to, to get back into my language learning, because if I wait to have enough spare money for lessons, I may never ever do it.

I think that Lena you are such an inspiration. Sometimes people get lazy to learn a new skill because they do not have the money or other means to pursue it. In your case you proved them wrong. From the looks of it you are a success on your own. I am certain that it did not take you over night to learn the English language but you spent a lot of time and effort. It is not easy learning a new language you see.

Good for you, Lena :)  I also learnt English on my own and at home using the computer only.  I did it when I was just 16 years old and my life has completely changed thanks to that decision.  I'm glad this method worked well for you as well, and you can soon find a really good job, where you can practice and improve your English.

This is great, Lena. Clearly you're doing pretty well with your English, and I'm really happy that this method has worked so well for you. I don't know if I could learn to speak a language fluently by myself at home, but I'm so glad that you've motivated yourself to do it!

• 2 weeks later...

I have been into into forums just a few months ago and my main objective is to enhance my written English. My first foray was the blog but it is not that easy because a blog requires a long writeup. With forums, I felt at home and I learn as I read the post and compost my reply. I'd say the internet is one good educational tool for learning a language.

I have been studying Mandarin and Farsi entirely at home and on my own for more than 3 years and now I have reached a level where I can understand about 70% of Mandarin TV programs without substitles.

Hopefully through daily TV viewing I can gradually reach about 90% comprehension  of Mandarin and then I can find a native speaker who can correct my  mistakes.

• 3 weeks later...

I really believe that self-teaching yourself is a good method of education, not only because it's totally free, but also because you are able to explore different things on your own. Thus, it will also teach you how to be dependent. However, if you have got the money and time, it's always much better to enroll in a language class since it's more interactive. Anyway, I am glad it's working great for you so probably, you just have got to stick to it for now.

I think it all comes down to how you learm best. Some people are visually learners, others are better when they learn hands on. Its also the case that some folks learn better on their own while others do better when they have a professional teaching them. Personally I can learn either way. But I do enjoy the slower pace that learning on your own at home allows.

I think that home education is a whole thing. The topic is so big that I'm not sure it shouldn't span over many topics. But let's start somewhere.

I think interest is as important as learning. If you have interest in something that has more resources in one language than many others, because they more developed it in some countries, then, naturally, you may slide to it because you will find resources from more proficient people than the one you already found in your own native language. That's basically what happened to me, so I know what I talk about.

The thing is, the more you feel it fun and less boring to do, the more you do it, and the only way to get it is to do it a lot of hours. I mean, I think the best is doing it rather a lot than a little, this is not something that should be scare. Basically, you only learn all the words you need only if you pass enough time to meet them all in all these forms, hence why a real world usage is needed. That would be my bet.