Linguaholic

Help me make the first game for polyglots!

hello.png

This is actually my first time ever posting on this boards because I'm almost always a lurker in every forum I visit, unless I have something to share. And this is exactly the reason behind this post

I'm planning on making this awesome language learning game for everyone to play and get a little more into this polyglot journey that all of us love already.

Here is a sneak peek of some "in-game" screenshots:

5zErRLb.gif

nJqXwEl.png

yOuRmRY.png

4Cg07Z8.png

3dHU57p.png5DsBqPx.png

IpxurCD.png

ykZVCWY.png

Which is why I'm reaching you to help me make this idea a reality and maybe even a success.

I have an IndieGoGo campaign going for all of you who, just like me, feel that this game would be an awesome experience and something that has not been seen before. If you want to support the game; click below.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/langues-the-first-language-guessing-mobile-game/

Inside the link you will find more information and ways to contribute to this project.

100 thanks in advance.

-PoliglotaRomero

Hey there

I gotta say that this App looks awesome. I am not sure about the approach though.

Anyway, keep up the good work and hopefully you will be able to get this done ASAP! Would definitely like to check it out

Hey there

I gotta say that this App looks awesome. I am not sure about the approach though.

Anyway, keep up the good work and hopefully you will be able to get this done ASAP! Would definitely like to check it out

If anyone has any feedback or suggestion they'd want me to see, please send it my way, I'll appreciate them!

Thanks a lot for checking it out!

Looks like a nice straightforward game!

You tell me, is learning how to say torpedo in German...

Torpedo in German is... Torpedo. It's actually the Latin name for electric ray fish. They paralyze people, I'm assuming like torpedoes paralyze and sink ships? As usual the important part is that it sounds cool.

Anyway... IPA is necessary, I agree. Otherwise if I get a word that clearly looks Russian I don't have to worry about the meaning. It's too easy to recognize the language based on font or special characters.

That increases the initial difficulty though. Embrace that and make the game about learning IPA as well! First you get easy words with IPA alongside them, later on you only see the spelling after you've guessed based on its pronunciation.

You might want to also consider text-to-speech for lower difficulties (because TTS can still only handle simple words...)?

What happens when you get one wrong? Do you only get 1 guess, or multiple?

Is there a time limit for answers?

Do I get a "results" screen at the end with a list of all the words I saw?

In fact, how long is a play session?

I like the idea a lot, and the art style of the mock-ups is great, that's why I want to make sure you don't end up skimping on gameplay design, sorry~