Linguaholic

romantic language

kitkat0124

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

I believe Spanish, Italian and French are the most romantic-sounding languages, probably because all of them share the same Latin root, and people who talk these languages are usually best known to be passionate compared with other people around the world.

I studied Latin for many years and I found Latin fascinating, but not necessarily romantic sounding.  You are correct though and it is odd that the "romance languages" evolved from it.  Maybe Latin sounds harsh because of the church pronunciations being rather monotonous.  You may be right though about the cultures that use these, as you are referring to some of my heritage, and yes passionate is putting it lightly!

What foreign language do you consider romantic. Romantic in a sense that by just hearing the words, you find it sweet even without understanding it and somehow you find yourself wanting to learn it.

I've always thought French is such a beautiful language when spoken.  But it's pretty romantic when I listen to my husband speak in Spanish :)

I don't think there's a single language that would be suited best for love, there just isn't something that says "most romantic" to me. Stereotypically though, I find French to be pretty expressive when it comes to complimenting someone or describing how beautiful something is.

I really love a lots of accents and I think all languages are the languages of love. I love Portuguese as it just flows and sounds so poetic.

But again, French and Italian are other great languages that sound very romantic.

Haha, French gets my vote no question. Spanish might be a close second, depending on who's speaking it.. Italian and even English have their moments when the right woman is speaking it to me.

French for sure. Even english can be very attractive, to me, with a a french accent. Spanish can be very romantic and quite lovely to listen to, especially in music.

The most romantic language for me would be French, but I have to admit that it's more because of the accent than the language itself. Don't get me wrong, the language itself still sounds amazing. I think no man could resist a girl purring lovely French words into ones ear. The prize for the most unromantic language in my eyes is shared by the three Asian languages that are featured in the poll because they just sound so alien to me.

I would definitely have to French. It has a soft flow to it, that makes me want to hear it again and again :love:.I would really like know even a few statements that I could wow my partner with :smile:

I voted Italian as the most romantic language. However, I see from the poll that the French are top dog.

If I thought this language might help me in the arena of love, I would definitely learn it. However, I think some of this is female-male specific.  Hence, why actor Gilles Marini is so popular.  He's so sexy to me.

See pics of Gilles Marini: https://www.google.com/#q=pictures+of+gilles+marini

I think French seems like the most romantic language because just like the city of love, it sounds so airy and delicate. I think that when someone speaks French, he or she seems instantly elegant. I would like to learn French and visit Paris one day. That is something that I am looking forward to.

• 3 weeks later...

For me it's always been Spanish since the first time I actually heard someone speak it. And all Spanish-related dialects.

Once in my university we had someone from Mexico, and listening to him was like music. As it has been with any other native Spanish-speaker I have met. The language is so fluid for me...I love it.

French doesn't really do it for me.

I once heard Finnish...it's not exactly romantic, but it is enchanting for me. It sounded a bit like the elvish talk in Lord of the rings. Not that much, but it was still fascinating. It's not a soft language at all, it feels like every word has edges, but somehow it flows together quite beautifully.