Linguaholic

romantic language

kitkat0124

I think about any foreign (to me) language is sexy when murmured at the right moment, the intimate moment. :wacky:

Haha that made me giggle!  :wacky:

Anyways, for this one I think Italian. I have been listening to Marco Mengoni's music for ages now and I still get mesmerised by it. The fact that some of the songs focus on love as well makes it better.

Well Italian of course. Anything sounds romantic in Italian even if you're being insulted, so long as you don't understand it. Girls can give you the brush of so romantically in Italian.

I agree with you Tulosai, even I find French very pleasing to the ears. I like listening to Arabic too. It sounds almost like music, their vowels are so long drawn out it makes the edges of words soft. The same can be said of my mother tongue: Bengali. English is rather hard on the ears, unless its spoken like they did in Wordsworth's times. Lol

But Cinderr, you're so right there!

I think Turkish has a very smooth-flowing sound, very different from Greek and Arabic, its next door neighbours. I think Turkish music is far more elegant-sounding than even Persian, but that's jsut my personal opinion.

Definitely French.  It is so flowy and flowering.  Italian doesn't really do it for me for some reason though it's obvious I'm an anomaly there :)

I am learning first few words of French right now. I don't know how long it will take me learn to speak it.

French is the most romantic-sounding language I can think of.  I'm not sure if this has something to do with what it sounds like, or if it's because (in America, and probably in other countries too) we have a very strong cultural linkage of France and the French language with all things romantic, sophisticated, posh, and "sexy".

I'm sitting here trying to think of another language that sounds "romantic," perhaps one that hasn't come up yet, but I can't.

• 3 weeks later...

Lol, when reading some of the comments here, I had a vision of Mortisha and Gomez all over her when she speaks French!  :laugh:

Anyway, on the topic. I think it all depends of the tone and the matter of speaking. Of all the languages I had the chance to listen to, all can sound romantic when spoken in a certain manner, or harsh when in different. French can be so flowing, Japanese can sound so cute and Russian often makes me smile  :tongue:

What foreign language do you consider romantic. Romantic in a sense that by just hearing the words, you find it sweet even without understanding it and somehow you find yourself wanting to learn it.

I personally think the French language is very romantic.  It also sounds so elegant and sophisticated all the time.  It has something to do with the accent.  It's very unique and just very nice to listen to.

I'll give you my top 3! First would be American, but more specifically, New Jersey or New York accents. I don't know why, but I think maybe its from my love for the Sopranos series. After that its Spanish then Japanese.

I know French is the common answer but I just don't found it romantic and I never understood why people do. I guess it just preference.

I think Turkish has a very smooth-flowing sound, very different from Greek and Arabic, its next door neighbours. I think Turkish music is far more elegant-sounding than even Persian, but that's jsut my personal opinion.

With a Turkish boyfriend, I can say you are right when it comes to the sweet-talking. However, when the mood is reveresed, Turkish can sound very hard. What I have come to realize as I listen to Turkish conversations, both in a light and heavy mood, is that when they are angry, the words tend to be harder with more K-sounds or long vowels, using the ğ.

I see that you are studying Turkish, may I ask what resources you use for your learning?