Linguaholic

I need your help guys!

TomMWilliams

Hey,

I have a slightly odd question to ask all of you. I'm an aspiring dialect coach and teach a variety of accents to actors mainly for stage productions. I'm currently trying to collect accent samples of speakers of English as a second language (as well as native speakers who speak with regional dialects) for my project and was wondering if you might be able to help me out with this. If anyone's interested, all I'd like you to do is read a short page in English, and then spend a few minutes telling me a bit about yourself in your natural accent. Let me know if you're willing to help me out with this! Your help would be greatly appreciated! :-)

Tom

[email protected]

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

English is my second language. Maybe I can help you with the accent. But my question is how do I do it, by recording what I would say? Oh my, I haven't done recording yet and I'm not sure if I have a microphone for that purpose. Besides, I do not know what software to use in recording. I have no skype just to let you know.

Can you provide the details regarding specific instructions on how to accomplish the task so that those who are willing to take part in this project knows what to do. Also if there are language preference

I have a Bachelor's degree in English Language, so although English is not my first language/mother tongue, I could say that when it comes to speaking the language, I am pretty fluent in it. I don't know if I am the one you are looking for, but I would be willing to help you. Just give us a more detailed information about it. :)