Linguaholic

Hi from Switzerland

Chnuschti

Hi there I`m a law student from Switzerland.

I love learning languages and have always tried to broaden my horizon.

My goal is to speak as many languages as I`m interested in learning in order to work as an advocat for as many people as possible.

I developed some pretty interesting techniques for learning languages which I`ll share in some other posts.

As you may or may not know, Switzerland is the european country with the most foreigners. So the variety of languages here is really overhelming.

My native language is Swiss-German.

The language I mastered is German, which is pretty easy for Swiss-People compared to others.

I`ve almost mastered French, and I`ve been told that my English is quite acceptable too. (both C2)

I`m also fluent in Dutch and Danish, because they are very similar to German, especially Swiss-German. I didn`t attend any classes to learn them though.

I speak Isaan quite fluently because my grandfather moved to Thailand ~10 Years ago, I can`t read though

My japanese is on level 1 of 5, I don`t remember how those Japanese language levels were called.

Which means it`s pretty basic... But I`ve got an idea of the language.

I`m currently deciding wheter I should learn Brazillian Portuguese, Spanish, or Italian next...

Each of those languages has some pros and cons for me. So if someone can give me some arguments why I should rather learn A than B : go ahead (:

Italian: pro: official language in my Country, nice sound, I already know some basics

con: not very widespread, a lot of dialects that are not necessarily intelligible

Spanish: pro: widespread, easy to learn, almost phonetic

con: a lot of countries that are not very safe to travel, not an important language in my  CH                               

Portuguese: pro: a lot of speakers, also widespread in CH because of immigrants, interests me

con: sounds a bit strange, lots of nasal vowels (will I be alright if I speak almost perfect

French?

Apart from learning languages and studying I play all kinds of guitars and ukuleles as well as different kinds of flutes, whistles etc.

I also do Karate and Ju-Jitsu (1. Kyu)

Have fun learning (: