Linguaholic

Prototype immersive Japanese learning game

gabeculbertson

Hello everyone! We have developed this prototype for an immersive Japanese language learning game. You can collect words in context and complete quests using your language skills. It’s still a bit rough around the edges, but we would be forever grateful if you would try it out and let us know what you think.

You can find everything you need here:

http://crystallize-online.com/

-The Crystallize Team

• 3 weeks later...

Oh wow this couldn't have come more at a right time! I'm very interested in learning Japanese since I love watching anime. I love that this is a game that enables me to learn Japanese. Who knew that that could happen? Thanks for sharing this one! I will surely download it and let you know!

• 2 weeks later...

Dude, thanks a bunch! I have tried getting into learning Japanese, not too recently but I probably started about 6 months ago now, however I just tried to study by myself and I never ended up remembering to study and learn everyday so I just ended up forgetting about it. I think this will most definitely help me as I am getting back into learning!

I could not download the game yet but I will let my friends know about it because they would love to learn the Japanese language. I must say you have the skills to make it and I hope you could come up with another language using the same game. Good job 

• 3 weeks later...

That is so cool! Thanks for posting it! I am sure it took a lot of effort and a lot of guts to share it with the forum. I love seeing what new teaching tools people are using. This immersive learning game is amazing!

• 2 weeks later...

For me and my experience with language learning apps Japanese has probably been one of the hardest for me to learn. It is so complex and so complicated yet so fun to learn at the same time. I really always love Japanese culture and I've always wanted to learn the language that way one day I can visit there and actually communicate with the people that live there. I am getting better at learning Japanese, it's just at a very slow pace at the moment.

This looks really great so far, planning to download it after work. I really like trying immersive games for learning Japanese, it's a good break from my textbooks.

Just a question - is it, or will it be possible to set difficulty depending on how far your Japanese level already is?