Linguaholic

I'm against taking too much age in consideration

FlagOnce

Thank you, I just try to do my best with what I have :)   I don't want this to define who I am or what I can do, you know?  I know my mind is not what it used to be before (I will never be the same), but I really want to prove  I can do this to myself (plus I really have no choice but to pass that test D: ).  I think I will make it :)    My main enemy right now is laziness. 

That's the spirit, my friend :) Keep it up and stay strong! As far as laziness goes, aren't we all hehe? You can definitely count me in!

Thank you, I just try to do my best with what I have :)   I don't want this to define who I am or what I can do, you know?  I know my mind is not what it used to be before (I will never be the same), but I really want to prove  I can do this to myself (plus I really have no choice but to pass that test D: ).  I think I will make it :)    My main enemy right now is laziness. 

Laziness. Oh. Well, try to find something else than the test to motivate yourself. For me, a main motivation to understand a language was to understand some people around me, understand a culture I couldn't reach without learning this language, and understanding the population, and talking with it, or maybe finally integrating more myself inside it. I know it's a task on the long run but when you find someone that looks interesting or you know that some doors are so cool to open but requires you to understand that languages, the laziness of yesterday will go away tomorrow, because it's what you like. So I'm not much worried by this one. But I'm always fighting somehow the laziness.

I agree that age does not matter. That aside, I wish that I had started learning a second language when I was younger. I find I had an easier time learning new information while I was young. I still love to learn, but things just don't seem to stick like they used too. 

I think that when you are older it just takes a little more time to learn. With good motivation and a good teacher or learning tools you can still achieve anything. 

Why? I learn languages faster at this age than when I was younger. And everyone takes several years to master their mother tongue.

It may be just me. I find that as I get older I have a harder time with remembering things such as grammar and vocabulary. When I was in high school learning languages everything just stuck with minimal effort. Now I have to put more work into remembering things. That is speaking for myself, I realize this is not the same for everyone.