Linguaholic

Favorite Books to read in English

tulosai

My favorite books were all the works of Shakespeare. I started with "A Midsummer Nights Dream" and went on to read all his books.

Other than Shakespeare I have also a favorite author in Somerset Maugham who has some wonderful books like "Of Human Bondage", "The Letter" and "The Razor's Edge".

• 2 weeks later...

Especially for non-native speakers (though all opinions are welcome) what are your favorite books to read in English? Are you comfortable reading in English and is it something that you enjoy?

[/

quote]

Tough time don't last but tough people do. Written by Robert H Schuller. This book is a very inspiring book It have some very interesting points that I really love. I'm not tried of reading this book over and over, that how good it is. I think you should try to get one of this book you will never regret it .

Don't make fun of me, but my favorite book series is what most people call a children's series. It's called A Series of Unfortunate Events.

It's about three children whose parents died and they are then taken in by their "uncle", then eventually they come to realize that he is not really their uncle, he just wants to steal their family fortune by adopting them.

This 12-book series is called A Series of Unfortunate Events because it shows the adventures these three orphans have as they try to escape their evil and violent "uncle." Miserable and unfortunate things happen to these children, yet what is inspiring is that they happen to hold on to their hopes in order to live a better life. They try to find happiness together as a family and though misery takes over their lives, they still have hope.

• 2 weeks later...

I think comic books are pretty good for learning english.

They are very good for English learners. However, I think Tolkien's books are the most enjoyable experience.

Definitely Charles Dickens's Christmas Carol.  :santa:

I'm also a fan of Anne Rice's works - Interview with the Vampire, The Vampire Lestat, Blackwood Farm and many more.  :emo: